Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username
  

Password
  





Search Forums



(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 982
» Latest member: ptownsend80
» Forum threads: 12,025
» Forum posts: 158,020

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 737 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 733 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
Fort Defiance High School...
Forum: Events
Last Post: DLingenfelter
11-16-2025, 09:10 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1,646
E46 Repairs, BTDT opinion...
Forum: Technical Discussion
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
08-08-2025, 11:45 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 4,629
Forum is Updated
Forum: Lounge
Last Post: ViPER1313
10-20-2024, 12:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3,761
The Cart Before the Horse...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
11-09-2023, 06:36 PM
» Replies: 362
» Views: 248,184
I bought a moped
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
09-22-2023, 08:52 AM
» Replies: 61
» Views: 22,879
Dean V Intro
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 11,772
New member
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 935
Election Results 2022-202...
Forum: Officer Elections 2022-2023
Last Post: the_awong
05-03-2022, 10:24 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 2,011
RHD PNZR
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
04-29-2022, 10:35 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 11,398
Perpetual PITA: 2008 BMW ...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
03-16-2022, 03:30 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 10,273

 
  2009 Camaro is a go
Posted by: Goodspeed - 08-11-2006, 03:29 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (36)

GM Chairman and CEO Rick Wagoner announced today that GM will build an all-new version of the Chevrolet Camaro sport coupe based on the award-winning concept that stole the spotlight at the North American International Auto Show and has ignited the passion of car enthusiasts around the world ever since ÔÇô even spurring consumers to start petition drives and send in certified checks in hopes of placing early deposits.

ÔÇ£The overwhelmingly enthusiastic response to the Camaro Concept continues to remind me of the uniquely iconic place our products can have in customersÔÇÖ hearts,ÔÇØ Wagoner said. ÔÇ£Camaro is much more than a car; it symbolizes America's spirit and its love affair with the automobile.ÔÇØ

The all-new Camaro will begin with early production versions at the end of 2008 and will go on sale in the first quarter of 2009. The new Camaro will be almost identical to the concept

The front-engine, rear-wheel-drive sport coupe will feature an independent rear suspension, and will be offered in a variety of models with the choice of manual and automatic transmissions and V-6 and V-8 engines.

ÔÇ£We intend to make the all-new Camaro relevant to younger buyers while retaining its appeal to current fans,ÔÇØ said Peper. ÔÇ£The beauty of the best Camaros is that they have always been beautiful to look at with performance that rivals expensive European GTs. Yet they were practical enough to drive every day and priced within the reach of many new-car buyers.ÔÇØ

Dealers begin auctioning 2009 Camaros on eBay

Some GM dealers have already begun auctioning the right to purchase the first 2009 Chevrolet Camaros on eBay. Currently, 'Buy It Now' prices sit between $20,000 and $25,000 ÔÇö the amount the customer agrees to pay on top of the car's MSRP. Back in May, some dealers began taking $1,000 deposits for the new Camaro. However, GM pressured the dealers to remove ads for down-payments, because production for the car had not yet been approved. However, following today's official announcement that GM will build the Camaro, it seems the dealers are right back at it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...sspagenameZWDVW

[Image: 2060811.005.mini10L.jpg]
[Image: 2060811.005.1L.jpg]
[Image: 2060811.005.mini2L.jpg]
[Image: 2060811.005.mini7L.jpg]


  Office Space! Funny as shit.
Posted by: bassmangrammy - 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (4)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-358699349856813599&q=genre%3Acomedy&hl=en">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... medy&hl=en</a><!-- m -->


  F yo' benz you rich MFer!
Posted by: Maengelito - 08-11-2006, 09:34 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (12)

a friend of mine works at the insurance institute for highway safety (IIHS) which is responsible for all those crash test ratings you hear on car ads. its located in ruckersville, which is about 10 min north of where i work and she invited jenn and i to watch a crash test awhile ago. we ended up goin yesterday to watch them do a side impact test on a 2007 mercedes benz e class. the little display area they have is really impressive with all the smashed up cars and crash test dummies. we got to hear about all the IIHS standards compared to govt standards and see how and why certain tests are performed. all in all, it was really cool to see how various cars performed against similar makes and models and it was really cool to see all the bent metal.

[Image: 212266665_e4afdac17f.jpg]
the dummies all had on regular clothes and shoes and the little dummies had on baby clothes. it was cute but creepy

[Image: 212266765_7b614d4daa.jpg]
offset head on collision. massive carnage

[Image: 212266944_95582764bf.jpg]
2006 suby tribeca took a pole to the face for being so ugly

[Image: 212267014_6434581d79.jpg]
[Image: 212267154_dc80b9da46.jpg]
2007 E-class pre-F'ed in the A

[Image: 212267251_23b2cc8fc5.jpg]
[Image: 212267327_c5dffcb7ab.jpg]
[Image: 212267403_16d4d775bc.jpg]
2007 E-class post-F'ed in the A. 30mph side impact

[Image: 212267654_2d18dd8890.jpg]
clown paint on the dummy to see where his head hit the side impact curtains

[Image: 212267728_a48744d4e9.jpg]

video!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muLI5Iisn68">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muLI5Iisn68</a><!-- m -->

i'll see if i can get a group of MMer's out to watch a future test, but it might be difficult to get a larger group. all in all, it was really cool


  white_2kgt is Dead :(
Posted by: white_2kgt - 08-11-2006, 09:32 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (27)

green_2kgt is born!!! Well, almost, somebody already tried to kill it too, but I'll fix it up.

[Image: 17423149_o.jpg]

With the extend of damage to both my 1/4's, roof and doors I priced out used parts, roof, doors, etc and I actually came out ahead buying another car. At this point I'm 98.3% sure I'm going to cut the cage out of my car and put it in this one and put my good body parts on this car, hood, fender, bumper, rad support, headlight mount and use this car. There were some things I did on my car early on that I want to do different, and it would have taken A LOT of work to fix. Starting over like this I can gut it down to a bare shell and build from the ground up. Also, this way I can do most all of the work myself. To fix the 1/4's I would have needed a body shop b/c while I can swing a hammer, I can't make something look good with it. With this green car it is mostly welding, grinding and turning a wrench, both of which I can do just fine :lol: I bought it last night but won't pick it up until first of September.

Oh, it will NOT stay green, that is one ugly mother.


  Just got a bike!
Posted by: H22coupe - 08-10-2006, 04:37 PM - Forum: Motorcycles - Replies (23)

Hey guys, My name is Lee and i will be a sophmore this year. I was a member of MM last year but wasn't as active as i wanted to be. Anyways I wanted to show y'all my bike i just got and hope to meet and ride with some people this year. Here are some pics, let me know what you think..


  Nova people NOT BBQ'ing this weekend...
Posted by: Apoc - 08-10-2006, 01:48 PM - Forum: Events - Replies (5)

... Luke (from HT) is visiting this weekend and I'm currently pulling together some ideas of things to do. He'll be here Friday night through Sunday, when is pretty much when everyone will be out of town.

Anyone that's not going interested in getting together?


  Caption (or photochop?) this highside
Posted by: .RJ - 08-10-2006, 11:42 AM - Forum: Motorcycles - Replies (88)

:lol:

(kurtis roberts' less than spectacular debut in WSBK qualifying)

[Image: 251043.jpg]


  Project 1992 BMW 325i
Posted by: PDenbigh - 08-10-2006, 09:29 AM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (48)

I'm too lazy to make a webpage for this project, and since I'm not a BMW guru I will be looking for advice and opinions from the members.

So, as most of you know I got this car from a UVA student in Charlottesville. She said it broke down where it was. She was driving and it just died. She left it there and went on vacation. She came back from vacation and said it wouldn't start. She said "All it did was click but wouldn't turn over." I smiled :-). (however she laughed last as she drove off in her brand new 330i something-or-other).

Before (As Delivered):
[Image: IMG_6524%20(Small).JPG]

[Image: IMG_6522%20(Small).JPG]

Specs:
1992 BMW 325i 4 door
Leather interior
Dual Zone Climate Control
Sony 10 disc CD changer, radio, MiniDisc Changer (old school!)
218,000 miles
Baby Blue (not sure what the BMW name for the color is)

$400 later, I winched it onto the trailer and brought it home. It had sat for almost a year, under a tree. It was also below "E" on fuel (Thus explaining why it just "died" about a year ago).

Known Problems:
Encounter with a deer resulted in a bent/slightly tweaked hood, missing blinker, missing passenger mirror, broken foglight, and slightly cracked lower front bumper
Sunroof is not functional
Headliner is sagging
At least two locations of too-much-to-drink-soriorty-girl-memories in the back that were not cleaned well at all
Nasty curb rash on one rim, to the point it is not safe to use and will need repaired or replaced




Step 1 was to get to get it running. It was four (4) quarts low on oil which scared me a little. I topped that off. I also added a can of drygass and ~7 gallons of 93 octane gasoline. Replaced the battery with one I use on my trailer, and gave it some cranks. Nothing. So, I tried starter fluid without success (telling me it wasn't a fuel issue). Next, I took out and cleaned the (incredibly dirty) plugs, testing each one for spark before reinstalling. As I was testing the 5th plug for spark the engine burpped a little which got me exited. I got the 6th plug reinstalled, sat in the car and did the little "comon, you can do it" speech we all know so well. Worked the gas (even on a FI engine) and it started coming to life. Once it was running on its own (without the starter's help) I kept it at low RPMs to let everything warm and lube up. Then I gave it some juice and watched the smoke fly!

I then proceeded to use Seafoam. 1 can in the tank, 2/3 can in the crankcase, and 1/3 of a can in the intake tract. I didn't catch the best of the smoke, but here it is after about 3 minutes of bellowing:
[Image: IMG_6552%20(Small).JPG].
I ran it for about 10 minutes going between idle, hard revving, and soft revving to about 5k up and down.

I then changed the oil/filter and the plugs with some new bosch plugs.

Last night I started cleaning the interior and I washed the exterior. The seller worked at Ruby Tuesdays, banks at Suntrust, had relations with a guy named Greg (note said so!), been to Mexico and Europe, Is a member of OXO or something like that, and hates change in her pockets so she throws it everywehere :-).


Still needs a good wax job, but here's how it's looking after washing:

[Image: IMG_6553%20(Small).JPG]

[Image: IMG_6556%20(Small).JPG]

[Image: IMG_6560%20(Small).JPG]


I'm still having a drivability issue though. I'm not putting any money into appearence until I have this resolved.

The car hesitates at random and unpredictable spots in the RPM range. Sometimes it pulls fine, sometimes one can really feel a lack of power. Sometimes it will barely idle, while sometimes it is fine. It will pop and sputer, and the smell goes between rich and lean. I'm putting my money on:

O2 sensor (pre-cat), and
Intake/vacuum leaks.

I hate to blow $90 on an O2 sensor but with 218k miles I'm sure it's due and the symptons really sound like the O2 sensor unless someone knows of another common failure on these cars...


  Cheap suits...
Posted by: JohnC - 08-10-2006, 09:21 AM - Forum: Motorcycles - Replies (1)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=317624">http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showth ... p?t=317624</a><!-- m -->


  F/S 1989 Dodge Spirit....TURBO
Posted by: Jeff - 08-09-2006, 10:07 PM - Forum: For Sale/Trade, WTB - Replies (3)

TurboOmni08 at TurboDodge.com Wrote:Trying to sell this to finish the Daytona.

Story of this car-
The original owner ordered this car new in 1989 from our dealership. He is a service writer there. All maintenance and repairs were performed at a Chrysler dealership and I have all the records, right down to the original window sticker. He sold it last year to an old man. The fellow passed away and the car was sold to me. I no longer need it and would like to give it a loving home.

Pics taken when I got it, looks about the same but cleaner.
[Image: DSC00057.jpg]

[Image: Front.jpg]

[Image: engine.jpg]

[Image: DSC00074.jpg]

Items of note-
1989 T1 Auto
Power steering, power brakes, A/C, manual windows, manual locks
Blue/Blue in color "turbo" on fenders


-The car's actual mileage is 96,???. The odometer died as soon as I got it, like a week after, and it now has an odometer that reads 82,??? or something like that.

-I recently replaced the head and the transmission. The head has a complete headset installed and the transmission was replaced with a junkyard unit that had all the seals replaced per the Chrysler service manual. I used ATF +4 fluid...BLING. Has MANY other new this and that parts.

-The engine was completely rebuilt at 65,000 miles due to piston slap.

-Car has a new headliner

-A/C is ice cold

-New tires (cheap, but new)

-Kenwood CD player, infinity speakers in the front, Jensen in the rear.

-CLEAN CAR inside, the body is strait but it needs paint work. I have repaired all the rust on the roof and primed it.

So, bottom line is I was fixing it up for a friend and she has decided to get something newer. At this point I am having a low boost problem (see HELP section) but I will be fixing that before it is sold. Car has alot of new parts, alot of sweat and blood in fixing it up, and a good VA inspection sticker. What more could you want? I am asking $900 for a good running, decent looking old TD. Would make a good one for a girlfriend (or boyfriend I suppose, to be fair) or just a beater for around town. I am pretty sure I can get around that money from a local who just wants a cheap car. Anyone out there interested? I will take offers, but I am pretty firm around that number.

Thanks,
Jeff