Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username
  

Password
  





Search Forums



(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 982
» Latest member: ptownsend80
» Forum threads: 12,025
» Forum posts: 158,020

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 1269 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 1265 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook

Latest Threads
Fort Defiance High School...
Forum: Events
Last Post: DLingenfelter
11-16-2025, 09:10 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1,638
E46 Repairs, BTDT opinion...
Forum: Technical Discussion
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
08-08-2025, 11:45 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 4,605
Forum is Updated
Forum: Lounge
Last Post: ViPER1313
10-20-2024, 12:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3,751
The Cart Before the Horse...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
11-09-2023, 06:36 PM
» Replies: 362
» Views: 247,915
I bought a moped
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
09-22-2023, 08:52 AM
» Replies: 61
» Views: 22,829
Dean V Intro
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 11,752
New member
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 931
Election Results 2022-202...
Forum: Officer Elections 2022-2023
Last Post: the_awong
05-03-2022, 10:24 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 2,009
RHD PNZR
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
04-29-2022, 10:35 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 11,383
Perpetual PITA: 2008 BMW ...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
03-16-2022, 03:30 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 10,259

 
  HPDE Safety
Posted by: mpg9999 - 08-29-2006, 05:32 PM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (45)

Copy/pasted from my post on the sr20forum. I talked to a few of you guys at the track about this already:

This past weekend I got the oppurtunity to go out on track in a few different cars, including a VE powered NX2000. It really got me thinking about safety. All the cars I went out in had roll bars, 5 point harnesses, and racing seats. I have always planned on adding a rollbar, but I think I may move that up as my next modification. The two bolt in roll bars for the b13 are the autopower and kirk. Does the interior in the back have to be removed to have the roll bar installed? From the autopower website it sounded like they had two versions. Both the kirk and the autopower are 1.75 x .120 DOM.

I'd also like to get at least a 5 point harness, preferably 6 point. My problem is that this is a street car and a daily driver. I need my stock seat belts to work, because theres no way I'm putting on a harness everytime I drive. I need at least the passenger seat to remain reclinable so I can have access to the back seat. This presents a problem though. I'm not sure how happy my instructor will be if I have a fixed back racing seat and he is in a stock seat. Are there any certifications for reclinable seats, similar to fia? I also really don't want to be spending a thousand bucks just on seats. I've looked into the Sparco Evo and Recaro pole position, both go for around 600 bucks new. I also need whatever seats I buy to be comfertable enough on the street for long drives. I frequently drive 300+ miles in a day.

Next question is on harnesses. Any suggestions? All I really know is that I want something thats at least 5 points.



I was also just thinking, what about just using the stock seat on the passengers side with a 5 point harness and a seat brace ( like this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.paragon-products.com/product_p/bk_r9019.htm">http://www.paragon-products.com/product_p/bk_r9019.htm</a><!-- m --> ). Would that satisfy most instructors?


  NASA-MA fall autoX & dd school schedule...
Posted by: getfast - 08-29-2006, 02:41 PM - Forum: Events - Replies (22)

We are pleased to announce four NASA Mid-Atlantic big fast autocrosses and three driveWISE SuperSchools at our amazing new site in Richmond, Virginia this fall:

Sunday October 1st (new site test-o-cross/non points event)

Sunday October 29th (fall triplecross round 1/drivewise superschool)

Sunday November 26th (fall triplecross round 2/drivewise superschool)

Sunday December 17th (fall triplecross round 3/drivewise superschool)

The new event location is a big and beautiful asphalt parking lot in central Richmond. Its details are TBA as soon as the paperwork is complete.

NASA autocross details & pre-reg:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nasaracing.net">www.nasaracing.net</a><!-- w --> (click on "Autocross")

Note: the 10/1 test-o-cross registration opened 8/28 at this link:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=6054">http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frm ... nt_id=6054</a><!-- m -->

driveWISE accident avoidance school details & pre-reg:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.drivewiseusa.com">www.drivewiseusa.com</a><!-- w -->

Thanks in advance and we'll see ya there,

Jon
804.397.FAST


  Labor Day Ride
Posted by: Dragon - 08-29-2006, 01:54 PM - Forum: Motorcycles - Replies (13)

I know a few of the normal riding group are heading down to VIR, but is anyone else that's staying in town or feels like making the trek to NoVA interested in a ride on Monday?


  Chili Cookoff Time! September 23
Posted by: JustinG - 08-28-2006, 09:30 PM - Forum: Campus Events - Replies (20)

OK, get a running list of who all from campus is wanting to attend and who is driving. This is goign down september 23rd, and a great opprotunity to get current students to meet our Alumni. So register who is down....[/b]


  BRR Autocross in Verona 9/10
Posted by: rschumin - 08-28-2006, 08:42 PM - Forum: Events - Replies (137)

BRR-SCCA is having an autocross at the Augusta County Government Center in Verona on Sunday September 10.

Registration is here

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmE...nt_id=5912

Hope to see you guys there


  1987 comparison vid @ summit (rx7,300z,starion,944)
Posted by: BLAIR - 08-28-2006, 07:31 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (19)

cool ass vid

and check out summit back then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NoDd7DGnU


  Almost makes me want to buy an Isuzu
Posted by: Evan - 08-28-2006, 05:18 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (10)

almost
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3688185030664621355">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0664621355</a><!-- m -->


  Summit in OCT....LAST EVENT OF THE SEASON
Posted by: bimmerboodle - 08-28-2006, 03:34 PM - Forum: Events - Replies (198)

Sign up soon..you know the consequences if you don't.
If you want to use credits you need to email lauracobetto AT hughes.net



https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event...ent_id=413
Fixed it, thanks Brian


  I need help for court
Posted by: Ginger - 08-28-2006, 11:00 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (41)

Alright... so I got pulled over at the begining of the month. I had never gone to the DMV to title and register my CBR F4 so I was running the plates from my VFR on it. A cop ran my plates on a whim and noticed the discrepency. He gave me a ticket for it, but was nice enough to not seize the plate or tow me. All in all it was actually a pretty pleasant experience, as they go with the fuzz.

Here's problem. I would have prepaid the same day, or the next day for the thing, but the citation said it would take nearly two weeks for the information to be entered into the online payment system. Sooo..

I forgot.

I have court tomorrow. I'm guilty, I admit, but it's too late to prepay any more (2 business days prior to trial is the cut off). I don't really know what to go in and say. I'm not going to be able to wear more than a nice button down shirt because all I have is the motorcycle right now.. but what should I say?

"How do you plead?"
"Guilty"
"What are you doing here then?"
*crickets*

I feel a bit like a toolshed for wasting the court's time. I've got myself into a bit of a pickle, does anybody have any suggestions?


  This will only encourage Jeff
Posted by: Andy - 08-28-2006, 08:05 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (1)

Some weirdo with a Turbo dodge does something impressive.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/27/13s-i...0-mpg-too/