Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username
  

Password
  





Search Forums



(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 982
» Latest member: ptownsend80
» Forum threads: 12,025
» Forum posts: 158,020

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 333 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 330 Guest(s)
Baidu, Bing, Facebook

Latest Threads
Fort Defiance High School...
Forum: Events
Last Post: DLingenfelter
11-16-2025, 09:10 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1,607
E46 Repairs, BTDT opinion...
Forum: Technical Discussion
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
08-08-2025, 11:45 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 4,587
Forum is Updated
Forum: Lounge
Last Post: ViPER1313
10-20-2024, 12:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3,728
The Cart Before the Horse...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
11-09-2023, 06:36 PM
» Replies: 362
» Views: 247,139
I bought a moped
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
09-22-2023, 08:52 AM
» Replies: 61
» Views: 22,790
Dean V Intro
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 11,698
New member
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 923
Election Results 2022-202...
Forum: Officer Elections 2022-2023
Last Post: the_awong
05-03-2022, 10:24 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,993
RHD PNZR
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
04-29-2022, 10:35 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 11,346
Perpetual PITA: 2008 BMW ...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
03-16-2022, 03:30 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 10,237

 
  How about this guys... thoughts?
Posted by: Jeff - 08-27-2006, 11:15 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (76)

So, in the f/s I was talking about getting a Rampage. Well, it turns out for one of those not to be a total POS it will be over $1000. They are a dying breed and very rare in decent shape. Also, none of them car EFI or Turbo factory. So I am thinking about trading my 89 Spirit...for this....

[Image: minivan20004.jpg]

[Image: minivan20003.jpg]

[Image: minivan20001.jpg]

[Image: minivan20002.jpg]

And the best part...

[Image: minivan20006.jpg]

It is in PA and the fellow explained what kind of car he would want in a trade....exactly my Spirit. He wanted a T1 Automatic 4-dr...PLAIN! His 90 Caravan has a new headgasket and tires and the only downsides are:

1. Oil leaks from old turbo lines and oil pan
2. "Knock" transmission related (?)
3. rust on wheel lip (common)
4. Front brakes ($20 at A/Z)
5. Headliner is gone
6. A/C works but had leak...needs recharge. I would tell him strait trade for my car and he would have to come to me. He wanted $600 outright I was asking $900 hoping for $700

So....what ya think?!


  Black leather seats for a MK2 MR2
Posted by: Andy - 08-27-2006, 08:13 PM - Forum: For Sale/Trade, WTB - Replies (10)

Hey guys. Obviously no one here has a MR2 but if you know someone who does, let folks know. Here' my ad from the MR2 Forum:

Quote:Hi everyone. My MK2 is now officially a track car so I won't be needing my black leather seats and storage box. I'm looking for 250 for the seats. 40 for the box. Who ever buys the seats for the asking price, I'll throw in the box. How's that sound? I'm in Centreville, VA 20121. I'll snap some pics for interested parties. The drive seat has the typical wear on the outside bolster and there's small tear at the seam. The passenger seat is in great shape. No rips/tears nor noticeable wear. The box is also in great shape. I thought I'd post in the regional forum as I'd prefer not to ship. Thanks for checking out my post.

I'm also selling my pile of poop 240SX for any MM who needs a beater and isn't embarrassed to drive it Smile Bought it for 700 from MM Travis and asking 600 for it. I replaced the two blown shocks, and the speed sensor. Speedometer worked for ~2k miles then the cluster crapped out but I have a good cluster and it passed inspection in June so you wouldn't have to worry about for another year if you didn't feel like fixing it. Reason I'm selling it is Joan wants her own Miata.


  Sweet Flash game LOL
Posted by: WRXtranceformed - 08-27-2006, 05:24 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (5)

This is one of the better flash games I've seen. All this talk of Sony sucking, but this warms my heart:

CLICKY!!


  Heard of the Carver?
Posted by: LorenaBeana - 08-27-2006, 03:03 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (3)

http://www.carver-worldwide.com

Looks European alright. And after my little vacation there, I'd say the smaller the better!


  torque steer ahoy
Posted by: REED - 08-25-2006, 03:05 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (11)

Word has been out on the MS3 for a while now, however, I didn't think it would actually be this good...

w00t w00t

Scan of article from Car and Driver and SCC

Obviously SCC isn't exactly the greatest source for high quality car reviews, however, the car does seem very enticing


  Incident on the motorcycle, went to ER
Posted by: mpg9999 - 08-25-2006, 01:25 AM - Forum: Motorcycles - Replies (26)

Nothing serious of course. Riding to subway, had my visor up like I normally do in hot weather. I was wearing my oaklies, which I thought would protect my eyes. Something made its way around them and into my eye. I tried to get it out at a stop light but couldnt. I was almost there so I just rode the rest of the way and then tried to get it out there, but I still couldnt. I got my sub and went back home. Tried for like 30 minutes to get it out (flushed it with water, sprayed water in my eye with that attatchment on kitchen sinks, nothing worked). I went to a group meeting hoping it would work its way out, but no luck. I could see it sitting in my iris. About 10 or 15 years ago I got something stuck in my eye and couldnt get it out. I had to go to the ER so this time around I pretty much knew thats what I was gonna have to do.

I bummed a ride to the hospital, and after about 3 hours of waiting got it taken care of. They gave me Lortab for the "pain". I asked if I really needed it, and they said it may not hurt now, but when you try to sleep it will really bother you. Even though whatever was in there is out now, I can still feel the abbrasion on my eye when I blink. Anyways, always ride with your visor down, even if your wearing sunglasses.


  E36 BMW = I love having a normal car.
Posted by: PDenbigh - 08-24-2006, 05:01 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (2)

When I need an OEM or similar part for my XR4ti, I get within an inch of my sanity before I find it or I just give up and make my own.

On the flip side, I do an eBay search for "E36" and I get 3305 results. That's like, 100+ pages. Wow, what a strange, new, wonderful world this is!!!

Just wanted to share.


  Sharing is caring/Alumni-Current student relations
Posted by: Andy - 08-24-2006, 04:53 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (148)

Hey guys,

There's been some scattered conversations/posts about Alumni/Current Student relations.

How about every contributes their thoughts/concerns in this thread and see if we can't all resolve some of the points of contention.

Personally, I would enjoy meeting some of the new members as well as some of the orginal members that I don't know so well. I think I can see some of the frustration of members who feel like the Alums aren't as welcoming at track events while alums feel like they're being pushed out of the club that they care deeply about. Since I know that neither perspective is true, lets try to work out some of the misunderstandings.


  89 325is with 2.9 liter motor FS..someone jump on this!
Posted by: Nick325is - 08-24-2006, 02:55 PM - Forum: For Sale/Trade, WTB - Replies (3)

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=72288

The car is a bronzit 1989 2dr 5 speed 325is. It has a built Metric Mechanic 2.9 liter m20 in it with around 70k miles. The car itself has 214k.

At 3500 dollars its hard to say no to this one.


Nick


  3 day Car Show weekend (local heads up)
Posted by: 43magnum - 08-24-2006, 12:27 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (20)

thought I would post these dates for this weekend in case you guys are looking for something to do. The New Market show on Sunday is usually pretty big.
Enjoy

27th CRUISE IN AT THE BAR B QUE RANCH
8/25/06 SPONSORED BY SAMMY & FAYE BLAND FREE REG. WITH DASH PLAQUE. DOOR PRIZES. GREAT FOOD.50/50S KICK OFF FOR THE VALLEY CRUISERS 18th ANNUAL ROD RUN WEEKEND. MUSIC BY DOUBLE J SOUND RT 11 SOUTH OF I 81 EXIT 251 JUST NORTH OF HARRISONBURG VA. INFO (540)434-8213 or (540)433-1757

5:00 PM - 9:00 PM


DOWNTOWN HARRISONBURG CRUISE IN (VALLEY CRUISERS)
8/26/06 DOWNTOWN RETAIL MERCHANTS WILL HOST THE VALLEY CRUISERS DASH PLAQUES, DOOR PRIZES,FOOD,FUN FOR ALL. MAIN STREET COURT SQUARE HARRISONBURG VA.
INFO(540)433-8213 or (540)433-1757

10:00 AM - 4:00 PM



VALLEY CRUISERS 18th ANNUAL ROD RUN TO THE PARK (RAIN or SHINE)
8/27/06 STREET ROD, STREET MACHINES, CUSTOM DASH PLAQUES, DOOR PRIZES,50/50s GAMES, GREAT FOOD. MUSIC BY DOUBLE J SOUND REBEL PARK BEHIND NEW MARKET RESCUE SQUAD JUST OFF I 81 EXIT 264 TAKE RT 11 NORTH NEW MARKET, VA. INFO(540)434_8213 or (540)433-1757

9:00 AM - 4:00 PM