Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username
  

Password
  





Search Forums



(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 984
» Latest member: simracehubcom
» Forum threads: 12,025
» Forum posts: 158,020

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 1013 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 1008 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
Fort Defiance High School...
Forum: Events
Last Post: DLingenfelter
11-16-2025, 09:10 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1,662
E46 Repairs, BTDT opinion...
Forum: Technical Discussion
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
08-08-2025, 11:45 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 4,642
Forum is Updated
Forum: Lounge
Last Post: ViPER1313
10-20-2024, 12:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3,774
The Cart Before the Horse...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
11-09-2023, 06:36 PM
» Replies: 362
» Views: 248,566
I bought a moped
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
09-22-2023, 08:52 AM
» Replies: 61
» Views: 22,912
Dean V Intro
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 11,794
New member
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 943
Election Results 2022-202...
Forum: Officer Elections 2022-2023
Last Post: the_awong
05-03-2022, 10:24 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 2,023
RHD PNZR
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
04-29-2022, 10:35 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 11,431
Perpetual PITA: 2008 BMW ...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
03-16-2022, 03:30 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 10,295

 
  Cell Phone Service
Posted by: .RJ - 09-02-2006, 08:49 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (44)

Ok, I am going to drop my Sprint coverage and move on to something else. I'm fed up with the poor reception, dropped calls, delayed voicemail delivery and hit-or-miss customer service. I've been with them for 5 (?) years but the coverage/reception has gotten worse over the past few years.

I am sure matt will chime in with "dont buy a phone that sucks", but I spent $170 on the phone I have now, and it sucked worse than any of the previous phones.

At any rate, I went into the Cingular store today and I found a phone I liked (LG CG225), and a service plan I liked (450 min, $39.99... add $5 for 200 text messages per month).

[Image: cg225-2.jpg]

[Image: cg225-3.jpg]

What provider are with y'all with and what are your thoughts?


  FS: 2003 Tundra SR5 2WD
Posted by: WRXtranceformed - 09-02-2006, 05:27 PM - Forum: For Sale/Trade, WTB - Replies (33)

Up for sale is my 2003 Tundra SR5 (extended cab), Auto, V6, 2WD ~122k miles. As most of you have seen already, I no longer need this truck for work and am switching over to the younger richer brother of Toyota, t3h L3xors.

Some scratches / dents on the interior and exterior (it was a construction vehicle),needs 4 new tires, and if you remember I had to replace the broken rear sliding glass with a piece of tinted Lexan.
Otherwise this truck runs VERY strong and is a complete workhorse!
It has
~ heated side view mirrors with blind spot mirrors
~ a great sound system (maybe premium, no clue) with CD / tape player
~ a couple extra cigarette plug ins for cell phones / accessories
~ cruise control, power windows, power locks
~ keyless entry w/ security system
~ bedliner
~ trailer ball (I have no clue what this thing's towing capacity is though)

Since I've owned it I've changed the oil around every 3 thousand with Mobile 1 synthetic (I have a huge ass scar on my wrist to prove it) and this truck runs great. 122,000 miles is quite a bit I know, but this truck will literally run forever. My old Toyota pickup from 1994 went for like 240,000 miles before it blew a head gasket (which was probably my fault for pushing it when it was overheating).

Here are a few pics from when I first bought it... it looks pretty much the same except it NO LONGER has that cap on it... I sold that a while back:
[Image: DSCF0635.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0634.jpg]

For MM'ers, I'm asking $8,800 even. That should be more than a fair price for a truck that will take a beating, haul shit around no problem, and last forever.

Thanks for looking, help a brother out! I don't want to / can't make 3 car / insurance payments for very long haha.


  My new hooptie...
Posted by: JohnC - 09-02-2006, 04:02 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (11)

[Image: IMG_4597.JPG]

Picked it up a couple of weeks ago, for the princely sum of $0,000.00. Well, I bought my brother dinner. It was his old sled, and seeing as he just bought a new Mazda 6, I talked him and my dad into giving this thing to me.

Its a '93 Saturn SL2, 1.9 DOHC, 5-speed, leather, CD player, and plastic body panels, with ~144k miles on it. Runs really well though, and should get me to/from work on days when I can't ride the bike.

And yes, I'm fighting off the hordes of UVA co-eds who've always dreamed of making it with an old married man in an old busted Saturn.


  For any bluegrass style fans
Posted by: Ryan T - 09-02-2006, 03:39 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (5)

So a friend of mine released his 4th cd, and his first professionally recorded CD. It's called "Ballad of a Modern Day Cowboy." It's a great cd and the entire cd tells a story of a man, a modern day cowboy. If you like bluegrass style cd I think you should check it out. It's one of the best cd's I've ever heard and I would love if some of you guys checked it out. He wrote every song on the cd and every single instrument on the cd. I think some of you guys would really enjoy it.

His myspace is, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=58118739&MyToken=2c5f1e0a-87c8-4cea-85e5-df6bbe14976f">http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... 6bbe14976f</a><!-- m -->.

You guys should check out his cd and buy his cd at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/millerclint">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/millerclint</a><!-- m -->

Clint MillerÔÇÖs landmark concept album follows the trail of the Modern Day Cowboy through three seven-song acts connected together in an epic story. Epic, to the extent that, in his own words: ÔÇ£This is an album about drifting, murder, robbery, addiction, sex, love, prison, and the open road.ÔÇØ
To further enliven his lyrics, the playwright/songwriter has created several new genres of music which defy any attempt at description. To record this music as he conceived it, he was compelled to play personally a variety of instruments, including arch-top/flat-top/amplified guitars, dobro, lap steel, mandolin, harmonica, claw-hammer banjo, soprano ukulele, piano, amplified piano, and a bit of bass, drums, and percussion. He was further assisted in the studio by renowned reggae and jungle drummer Yattie Westfield, joined at times by Rusty Holloway thumpin away on an up-right, with the occasional addition of some lush swinging brush work by David Whitaker.
The album was recorded at Castle Acoustics in Knoxville TN, produced by Clint Miller, engineered by the revered Joel Fairstein, and mastered by the master, seva.


  On Discovery RIGHT NOW
Posted by: bimmerboodle - 09-01-2006, 07:06 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (5)

Some nut job is gonna try a Stoppie on a sport bike at 135 MPH......


  We finally sold that orange Charger
Posted by: Jeff - 09-01-2006, 03:59 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (30)

Yeah, the one that was stolen last winter. We have had it all this time. It was sold as a new vehicle w/ 300 miles on it. The new owners are getting custom tags "STOLEN1." I just thought that was too funny not to share.


  195/50/15s
Posted by: ziich - 09-01-2006, 12:01 PM - Forum: For Sale/Trade, WTB - Replies (1)

Guy in the DC area's selling some cheap tires if anyone's interested.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1732669">http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1732669</a><!-- m -->

[Image: nt450_2.jpg]


  beer caps
Posted by: BLAIR - 09-01-2006, 01:24 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (9)

i want em.. if anyone collects them.. hook me up.. got a project i need em for,, thanks

blair


  Party
Posted by: mpg9999 - 09-01-2006, 12:30 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (2)

In the off chance that any of you guys are down at VT this weekend, we are having a party at my place. If you come, please bring plenty of JMU ladies with you Wink. IM me for directions. If you somehow have tickets to the game, we are tailgating in the commuter lot Saturday before the game.


  Loudoun really is > *
Posted by: Apoc - 08-31-2006, 08:29 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (74)

I joke about it all the time, especially since Fairfax County traffic sucks so bad but now there's proof.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/29/AR2006082901543.html">http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01543.html</a><!-- m -->

D.C. Suburbs Top List Of Richest Counties

Rapidly growing Loudoun County has emerged as the wealthiest jurisdiction in the nation, with its households last year having a median income of more than $98,000. It is followed by Fairfax and Howard counties, with Montgomery County not far behind.