Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username
  

Password
  





Search Forums



(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 984
» Latest member: simracehubcom
» Forum threads: 12,025
» Forum posts: 158,020

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 2148 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 2143 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
Fort Defiance High School...
Forum: Events
Last Post: DLingenfelter
11-16-2025, 09:10 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1,653
E46 Repairs, BTDT opinion...
Forum: Technical Discussion
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
08-08-2025, 11:45 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 4,633
Forum is Updated
Forum: Lounge
Last Post: ViPER1313
10-20-2024, 12:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3,767
The Cart Before the Horse...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
11-09-2023, 06:36 PM
» Replies: 362
» Views: 248,407
I bought a moped
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
09-22-2023, 08:52 AM
» Replies: 61
» Views: 22,903
Dean V Intro
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 11,787
New member
Forum: Introductions
Last Post: meridombekmha48
03-13-2023, 09:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 940
Election Results 2022-202...
Forum: Officer Elections 2022-2023
Last Post: the_awong
05-03-2022, 10:24 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 2,022
RHD PNZR
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
04-29-2022, 10:35 AM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 11,421
Perpetual PITA: 2008 BMW ...
Forum: Member's Projects
Last Post: Senor_Taylor
03-16-2022, 03:30 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 10,282

 
  So I bought a subaru
Posted by: Hunter - 09-05-2006, 06:18 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (35)

I mentioned this at the end of the other thread about helping me find a car, but I just went and picked it up today from PA. I don't actually own a digital camera, I just stole my moms to take pictures and I can figure out how to adjust any of the settings so deal with the dark pictures. The car drives great, the only problems are a dent about the size of a fist above the rear drivers side wheel and two of the hubcaps are missing. I really dont give a crap about either of those to things so I'm quite happy with it.

So here it is...

[Image: Subie1.jpg]

[Image: Subie2.jpg]

[Image: Subie3.jpg]

P.S. I'm now taking suggestions for names.


  Hey, new member
Posted by: Mike D - 09-05-2006, 04:26 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (41)

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself, im Mike, im a freshman and i found out about MM at the org night thing. I was hoping there would be some sort of car club here and was excited to find one. Sounds like you guys do a lot of fun stuff.

Before I came to JMU i drove an 03 Mustang V6 Coupe and heres my mods list, copied from another forum...

Performance: True Duals w/ H-pipe, Cold Air Intake, C-Springs
Appearance: 18X9 Black Bullitts, 265-35-18 BFGoodrich GForce Sports, Mach 1 Grille Delete, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, GT Foglights, GT Sidescoops, SS Bumper Inserts, Mustang Bullitt Pedals, V6 Bumper w/ Cutouts, Shorty Antenna, 232 Block Emblem

[Image: 75889.jpg]

The stang was a lot of fun but its no longer mine and hopefully next year i will be driving something a lot faster. :twisted:


  New member, here is my car, with tech specs
Posted by: Steve85 - 09-05-2006, 10:33 AM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (25)

The car is a 1985 Corvette with nearly every stock part replaced/upgraded.

The engine is based on a 1972 400 block taken out .040 with a 3.75 crank for 408cid. Compression is around 11.25:1, AFR 210 heads, MiniRam intake and Accel DFI to run things. Cam is solid roller 254/260 with .600 at the valve (less lash, my bad in not accounting for it :oops: ).

Trans is Richmond 6 spd, a direct replacement for the original 4+3 and rear gears are 3.07

The car has the Z51 package which included stiffer springs, more agressive shocks and a quick ratio steering rack. It has been lowered ~1" in front and 1.5" rear. I added C5 Z06 front brakes and new master cylinder bias spring to balance things out.

Best run before new cam with old hyd roller cam and original ECM was 11.8x at 118. Blew the rear shortly after that and have not been to the track with the new upgrades.

It dynoed 381rwhp at Carlisle a couple weeks ago. The injectors hit 100% at 5K, A/FR hit 14 shortly thereafter and the numbers dropped off immediately. The 24# injectors are comming out and 36's are going in.

I am in the process of preparing for road course/autoX training by adding a second harness for the instructor, put in a HD oil cooler, getting a road racing oil pan, and need to solve a fuel sloshing problem which leaves my injectors dry on hard corners and launches.

My time is minimal with school and kids but I look forward to taking part in whatever I can here.

[Image: DSC00016.JPG]

[Image: driverseat.jpg]

[Image: %5BAGEHEYVFX-MVC-009F.JPG]

Here is pic of my former ride which now belongs to my stepdaughter..
It is 90 325ix with a Turner chip and H&R springs...

[Image: CITM%5BBFH%5BAQHOBPNZPVJ-SummerBMW.jpg]


  Riding and JMU
Posted by: damnit458 - 09-04-2006, 08:44 PM - Forum: Motorcycles - Replies (9)

Simple question :lol: . I was wondering if those of you who have bikes at school ride to school w/o a pass? If so, are there any repurcussions? The same with riding arround the apartment complexes...If I ride to another complex besides where I live do I have to worry about my bike like I would about my car (being towed). Just curious, as Id love to be able to ride to school and arround here without buying a pass etc


  Cheap MErkur Scorpio?
Posted by: HAULN-SS - 09-04-2006, 08:13 PM - Forum: For Sale/Trade, WTB - Replies (3)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/car/201321377.html">http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/c ... 21377.html</a><!-- m -->


  Sorry I done been gone... *56k warning*
Posted by: JackoliciousLegs - 09-04-2006, 01:58 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (27)

I'm in Austin... Austin Massachusetts... ok, maybe India. Internet access is reliable and fast. Roads are clean and safe. Everyone speaks English. I'm not sick. Oh, and Indian women are all over me... ok... I wish.

Internet sucks, roads are smelly and caraaazy. Some people speak english. I'm sick (maybe Malaria... again... I'll find out soon). Indian women... haha... well... it's different and interesting :-)...

It's been a great trip. I've been exploring a lot and work is really great. I'm training some folks out here and enjoying living in lavish comfort!
[Image: DSC_0230.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0232.jpg]

WASSSAAAA... dollars are for suckers!
[Image: DSC_0238.jpg]

Seriously.... India fuckin rocks. In the short time that I've been here, even though I'm sick (and contingent upon the fact that I won't die from what I have), this place blows the two months in Australia out of the water.

Outside my hotel
[Image: 20060903221852_1.jpg]

Newest MM members?
[Image: 20060903221631_dsc_0368.jpg]

Racing... Hyderabad style!
[Image: 20060902134339_dsc_0259.jpg]

Token Buddha picture
[Image: 20060903223603_hdrbudaah.jpg]

Hey, what's India without a quick stop in ENGLAND?
[Image: 20060902133620_dsc_0093.jpg]

Anyways... if you guys want to go to India... get your vaccines... don't go on 4 days notice... and play with small children. You're sure to have a great time!


  Crocodile Hunter died ?!? *single perfect tear*
Posted by: WRXtranceformed - 09-04-2006, 01:03 AM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (38)

Cry

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html">http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html</a><!-- m -->

Kind of doesn't surprise me though... "when you play with fire....somethingsomethingsomething"


  Howto build an AI car (again)
Posted by: white_2kgt - 09-03-2006, 07:55 PM - Forum: Technical Discussion - Replies (39)

Well, with BIG props to Pete, we got the Green Machine (from here on, known only as Slimer) back to MD last night. The trip wasn't without adventure, but what trip with Pete isn't I ask you? Smile

Here it is,
[Image: IMG_0570.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0571.jpg]
Pretty much the same condition as the last pics I posted, just minus an engine/trans and some interior bits.

Step #1
[Image: IMG_0580.jpg]
Throw away anything that isn't 100% necessary.

Almost there,
[Image: IMG_0582.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0585.jpg]
Few more hard bits to go, boy, seems like I JUST cut a bunch of that out of my car only a few months ago...

[Image: IMG_0584.jpg]
Green is bad enough, but Green and Rust is even UGLIER! Good thing it's getting a fresh coat of paint. Fuck a NorthEast car, Never, Ever, Ever buy one you intend on just dirving as a utility car, this thing has more rust and crust than a 90yr old koot.

Well, that's all for now. I spent a few hrs on it today, just taking my time, having fun with it. I'll try and keep this updated, but all the pics and more story can be found here,

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.2kgt.com/item.php?cat=7">http://www.2kgt.com/item.php?cat=7</a><!-- m -->

and this particular Chapter is here,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.2kgt.com/item.php?itemid=161">http://www.2kgt.com/item.php?itemid=161</a><!-- m -->

Step #2
Preview: Fix anything that's broke...next.


  Need some advice...
Posted by: Chris - 09-03-2006, 03:05 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (8)

I'm stuck right now with registering my BMW. I trailered it up to Maryland with the intent of registering it here. A local mechanic told me there is no way it would pass MD inspection in its current modified state (suspension, etc.) He recommended registering it back in VA where my parents live. The problem is I don't live in VA, and am not a dependant of my parents anymore. Getting a VA inspection would be much easier than MD. I also got a notice from my insurance stating I would be an uninsured motorist if I don't register it soon...

So... I thought about having my dad register the car in his name in VA. Put it on his insurance, and just pay him for all of that. Then I would have VA plates and could just keep the car in MD. The problem is I'm not technically a dependant of my parents anymore, so we're not sure if I could legally drive one of their vehicles (from an insurance standpoint). So what can I do?? Just register it in VA and risk driving it? Ideally, I would take it off insurance and trailer it, but I can't afford a truck and trailer yet. I've got to figure this out soon because I'm planning on autoxing it in 1 month, and I need to drive it!

Thanks!


  Whats up Justin
Posted by: Goodspeed - 09-02-2006, 09:36 PM - Forum: Lounge - Replies (17)

You feelin ok? I hope you got home alright

[Image: goodspeed_010.sized.jpg]