We seem to have one of these threads every year so why not this year. What did you all end up getting for xmas? We didnt' do many big gifts this year (typically mom gets all the kids a big gift and we get her one). This year she just pitched in and did Dirty Santa with all of us brothers and sisters. I got:
some home massage stuff
couple board games (monopoly, pictionary, apples to apples)
some family heirlooms
Mcguires full car care kit
Bella's pizza gift card
Corvette playing cards
Cologne
Corvette blanket
Corvette travel bag
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2019 Ford Mustang
nikon d90
cast iron enamel pan
bicycle pedals
bicycle gps
allagash brewing shwag
chimney charcoal starter
beer/wine fridge
some gift cards
i think a few other things i can't remember
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
New Years Eve ticket to the Gaylord @ National Harbor
4 Snowboard lift tickets
2 sweet car models
2 jackets
couple automotive books
bunch of little things
78 Audi 80 / Fox
74 Audi Fox
75 diesel benz
03 jetta wagon TDI -DD
01 jeep Cherokee
84 rabbit GTI
98 Jetta TDI (motor swap)
92 Porsche C2
MM forums... where topics get OFF-TOPIC with a quickness
Parents bought my brothers Wii for Casey and I, which came with a crap ton of stuff, but most importantly Mario Kart.
Clothes
Cash
Gift Cards
Angels and Demons, Transformers 2, The Hangover
Canon EOS Rebel XS
Eddie Bauer camping backpack
Craftsman tool chest
remote control tundra
nerf gun
misc clothes including a pair of boxers with trucks and cars hauling christmas trees
candy
1991 Miata - Phillis
2003 Xterra - Sarah
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty speed." Eleanor Roosevelt
Miller Spoolmate 100 (Spool gun to MIG weld Al)
Nano
Current: 1985 LS1 Corvette | 2014 328i Wagon F31
Former: 2010 Ford Edge | 1999 Integra GS
I have a little bit of a rub near lock but if you are turned to lock on a track there are other problems already...
shitty wine
boring beer
dual burner pan/grill
logitech laptop lap desk
brooks b17 bicycle saddle
alice in wonderland dvd
walnut iphone case - don't like it. anyone want to buy?
dremel accessory kit
dressy overcoat
torque wrench
bullets '94 team t-shirt
I Am Mike
4 wheels: '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)
No longer onyachin.
Cartier Roadster cologne
a nice Torrente Scarf
a silly dancing santa that's pretty funny
iPod Shuffle
optical wireless mouse for the laptop
misc cheeses
some candy/baked sweets
Received: ~$300 for Caring for Creatures. A copy of "Coders at Work", "Where There is No Doctor" (health care after the zombie apocalypse), and a few other small odds and ends.
Gave: $150 for Habitat for Humanity, $50 each to the BSA, my mom's PTA, and the Highland County Angel Tree.
Next year we (MM) should find a good racer/motorsport charity and make a donation in the club's honor. Rider's for Health?
My two feet.
I got myself the Jeep...
Jeep stuff - Hitch, CB, my first aid kit filled
Cash
new plates
books
XRP battery for my drill
I had more fun giving this year...now I'm broke.
Jeff Morrison - Used Car Manager
Woodstock Garage, Inc.
Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep - RAM
Current Stable of Mopar Junk
57 Chrysler Windsor 4drHT - 67 Dodge D100 Short Bed Step Side - 71 Dodge Challenger - 91 Chrysler Lebaron LX 33k mile Survivor - 91 Dodge Dakota V8 - 05 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster - 08 Ram 2500 Cummins
JohnC Wrote:Next year we (MM) should find a good racer/motorsport charity and make a donation in the club's honor. Rider's for Health? That's a really good idea. I'm down for that next year.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
G.Irish Wrote:JohnC Wrote:Next year we (MM) should find a good racer/motorsport charity and make a donation in the club's honor. Rider's for Health? That's a really good idea. I'm down for that next year.
I'm in. We started doing it with our parents and extended family a few years ago.
Current: 1985 LS1 Corvette | 2014 328i Wagon F31
Former: 2010 Ford Edge | 1999 Integra GS
I have a little bit of a rub near lock but if you are turned to lock on a track there are other problems already...
We aren't big on gifts either, I have more fun giving stuff out than receiving.
With that said, I bought myself a cheap 50" plasma for my bedroom, got about $1k in cash, miscellaneous clothes, candy, an orbital buffer and Call of Duty boxer shorts hahaha
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium
Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
WRXtranceformed Wrote:We aren't big on gifts WRXtranceformed Wrote:got about $1k in cash
wanna trade realities?
I Am Mike
4 wheels: '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)
No longer onyachin.
Ryan T Wrote:some home massage stuff :evileye:
JohnC Wrote:Received: ~$300 for Caring for Creatures. I think you have this charity idea right. Now that we're getting older, we've done less for gifts each year, but I was a little overwhelmed honestly by the mountain of plastic Nathan got from both families. I didn't even have to get him anything. It's kind of silly, ONE gift would be more than he "needs". :dunno: I'm not sure how to handle it next year, but redirecting some well intentioned gifts to charity seems like the way to go before Nathan learns to be disappointed by anything less than a mountain of toys.
Mike Wrote:wanna trade realities? srsly :lol: Oh well, kind of inevitable in a "look what I got for christmas" thread. My "big" favorite gift was Glenmorangie :thumbup:
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a van is a good guy with a van
BLINGMW Wrote:I was a little overwhelmed honestly by the mountain of plastic Nathan got from both families. I didn't even have to get him anything. It's kind of silly, ONE gift would be more than he "needs". :dunno:
I'm with you... I don't understand why everybody feels the need to buy toys for the kid for Christmas. I spent mine with two nieces... it's absolutely ridiculous. I go for college tuition money or thoughtful, useful stuff... Finger painting class, clock that teaches time, etc.
Been dealing w/ Caitlin's niece w/ leukemia for the past month... Needed an entire van to move all the toys and stuffed animals she got. All the money spent on that garbage would have been much better off in her single/struggling mother's pocket. People just don't think "I'm one of many... If we all did what I do, what would the result be?" Sure, we all want to get her that awesome giant stuffed teddy bear, but so does everyone else... It's a burden to have 50 giant stuffed teddy bears.
I Am Mike
4 wheels: '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)
No longer onyachin.
Mike Wrote:BLINGMW Wrote:I was a little overwhelmed honestly by the mountain of plastic Nathan got from both families. I didn't even have to get him anything. It's kind of silly, ONE gift would be more than he "needs". :dunno:
I'm with you... I don't understand why everybody feels the need to buy toys for the kid for Christmas. I spent mine with two nieces... it's absolutely ridiculous. I go for college tuition money or thoughtful, useful stuff... Finger painting class, clock that teaches time, etc.
We battled the urge with my nieces this year. I wanted to get them a Power Wheels because, well, I never had one... but Melissa wouldn't let me.We ended up getting them a toy train set because I think that's something every kid should have around their Christmas tree. My mom buys sooooo much stuff for them, they have no where to put the crap in a 4000 sqft house. I'm personally not a fan of gifting charities, but I like the idea about personal enrichment or gifting towards college/future. We try to get them books or things for learning, but have also been known to give stock or savings bonds.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
Apoc Wrote:but have also been known to give stock or savings bonds.
This, I don't know any college kid who would appreciate an extra couple hundred bucks in their pocket from a recently matured bond. Especially since its not like they don't get enough other toys to play with at christmas.
2005 S2000
2003 CBR 600rr
DavidM Wrote:Apoc Wrote:but have also been known to give stock or savings bonds.
This, I don't know any college kid who would appreciate an extra couple hundred bucks in their pocket from a recently matured bond. Especially since its not like they don't get enough other toys to play with at christmas.
Yep. My grandma makes me something each year artsy (this year was slumped glass, very cool) and gives me a check. She knows I can put it to good use either with college-related stuff or as a "fun money" fund.
That said, I got some nice stuff from M&D, some of which was needed as things broke over the past few months.
ÔÇó Booqbags Boa Slim backpack (after my 6+ year old one broke)
ÔÇó┬áApple In-Ear headphones (after my Vibes broke)
ÔÇó Nikkor 35mm 1.8 lens
ÔÇó┬á44 issues of Miata Magazine, from 1990 to 2003. Never issued before, I'm the first to open them. Way cool.
ÔÇó┬áGoing Faster! Mastering the Art of Race Driving... apparently my dad talked to Dr. Thomas at an AX and he recommended the book. Looking forward to reading it.
ÔÇó┬áSome clothes that are nice and I would have never bought myself because of cost
Sounds like everyone had a great holiday. If the club can raise some funds in time for next Christmas (which I'm sure we can) a donation to a charity as mentioned above would be great.
Now:
'16 Ram 1500 | '97 BMW M3 | Some Press Loan
Then:
87 BMW 325e | 91 BMW 535i | 96 BMW 328i | 95 BMW 325i | 95 Mazda Miata | 13 Focus ST | 09 BMW 128i | 00 Pontiac Firebird | 05 Yukon Denali | 96 BMW 328iC | 11 Ford F-150 | 06 BMW M3 | 10 Range Rover SC | '03 Ford Ranger | '18 Ford F-150 | '01 BMW X5 | '98 Volvo S70 T5M
i have a hard time getting my siblings anything for christmas. i have 3 sisters and a brother all supported by very well-off parents. i hate getting them toys because 95% of the crap under the tree each year is another toy that will last 10 minutes on christmas day. That being said i went to the $5 and under store and got my brother a lava lamp and stupid cheap other stuff for my sisters. Although i was really tempted to get my 12 year brother the giant lil' wayne poster....
1991 Miata - Phillis
2003 Xterra - Sarah
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty speed." Eleanor Roosevelt
|