| The following warnings occurred: | |||||||||||||||
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
|
![]() |
|
2009 Santa brought me... - Printable Version +- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org) +-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3) +--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6) +--- Thread: 2009 Santa brought me... (/showthread.php?tid=8651) Pages:
1
2
|
2009 Santa brought me... - Ryan T - 12-28-2009 We seem to have one of these threads every year so why not this year. What did you all end up getting for xmas? We didnt' do many big gifts this year (typically mom gets all the kids a big gift and we get her one). This year she just pitched in and did Dirty Santa with all of us brothers and sisters. I got: some home massage stuff couple board games (monopoly, pictionary, apples to apples) some family heirlooms Mcguires full car care kit Bella's pizza gift card Corvette playing cards Cologne Corvette blanket Corvette travel bag ![]()
Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Apoc - 12-28-2009 nikon d90 cast iron enamel pan bicycle pedals bicycle gps allagash brewing shwag chimney charcoal starter beer/wine fridge some gift cards i think a few other things i can't remember Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - BLAIR - 12-29-2009 New Years Eve ticket to the Gaylord @ National Harbor 4 Snowboard lift tickets 2 sweet car models 2 jackets couple automotive books bunch of little things Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - JustinG - 12-29-2009 Parents bought my brothers Wii for Casey and I, which came with a crap ton of stuff, but most importantly Mario Kart. Clothes Cash Gift Cards Angels and Demons, Transformers 2, The Hangover Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - balactm - 12-29-2009 Canon EOS Rebel XS Eddie Bauer camping backpack Craftsman tool chest remote control tundra nerf gun misc clothes including a pair of boxers with trucks and cars hauling christmas trees candy Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Steve85 - 12-29-2009 Miller Spoolmate 100 (Spool gun to MIG weld Al) Nano Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Mike - 12-29-2009 shitty wine boring beer dual burner pan/grill logitech laptop lap desk brooks b17 bicycle saddle alice in wonderland dvd walnut iphone case - don't like it. anyone want to buy? dremel accessory kit dressy overcoat torque wrench bullets '94 team t-shirt Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Sijray21 - 12-29-2009 Cartier Roadster cologne a nice Torrente Scarf a silly dancing santa that's pretty funny iPod Shuffle optical wireless mouse for the laptop misc cheeses some candy/baked sweets Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - JohnC - 12-29-2009 Received: ~$300 for Caring for Creatures. A copy of "Coders at Work", "Where There is No Doctor" (health care after the zombie apocalypse), and a few other small odds and ends. Gave: $150 for Habitat for Humanity, $50 each to the BSA, my mom's PTA, and the Highland County Angel Tree. Next year we (MM) should find a good racer/motorsport charity and make a donation in the club's honor. Rider's for Health? Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Jeff - 12-29-2009 I got myself the Jeep... Jeep stuff - Hitch, CB, my first aid kit filled Cash new plates books XRP battery for my drill I had more fun giving this year...now I'm broke. Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - G.Irish - 12-29-2009 JohnC Wrote:Next year we (MM) should find a good racer/motorsport charity and make a donation in the club's honor. Rider's for Health?That's a really good idea. I'm down for that next year. Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Steve85 - 12-29-2009 G.Irish Wrote:JohnC Wrote:Next year we (MM) should find a good racer/motorsport charity and make a donation in the club's honor. Rider's for Health?That's a really good idea. I'm down for that next year. I'm in. We started doing it with our parents and extended family a few years ago. Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - WRXtranceformed - 12-29-2009 We aren't big on gifts either, I have more fun giving stuff out than receiving. With that said, I bought myself a cheap 50" plasma for my bedroom, got about $1k in cash, miscellaneous clothes, candy, an orbital buffer and Call of Duty boxer shorts hahaha Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Mike - 12-29-2009 WRXtranceformed Wrote:We aren't big on gifts WRXtranceformed Wrote:got about $1k in cash wanna trade realities? Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - BLINGMW - 12-29-2009 Ryan T Wrote:some home massage stuff:evileye: JohnC Wrote:Received: ~$300 for Caring for Creatures.I think you have this charity idea right. Now that we're getting older, we've done less for gifts each year, but I was a little overwhelmed honestly by the mountain of plastic Nathan got from both families. I didn't even have to get him anything. It's kind of silly, ONE gift would be more than he "needs". :dunno: I'm not sure how to handle it next year, but redirecting some well intentioned gifts to charity seems like the way to go before Nathan learns to be disappointed by anything less than a mountain of toys. Mike Wrote:wanna trade realities?srsly :lol: Oh well, kind of inevitable in a "look what I got for christmas" thread. My "big" favorite gift was Glenmorangie :thumbup:
Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Mike - 12-29-2009 BLINGMW Wrote:I was a little overwhelmed honestly by the mountain of plastic Nathan got from both families. I didn't even have to get him anything. It's kind of silly, ONE gift would be more than he "needs". :dunno: I'm with you... I don't understand why everybody feels the need to buy toys for the kid for Christmas. I spent mine with two nieces... it's absolutely ridiculous. I go for college tuition money or thoughtful, useful stuff... Finger painting class, clock that teaches time, etc. Been dealing w/ Caitlin's niece w/ leukemia for the past month... Needed an entire van to move all the toys and stuffed animals she got. All the money spent on that garbage would have been much better off in her single/struggling mother's pocket. People just don't think "I'm one of many... If we all did what I do, what would the result be?" Sure, we all want to get her that awesome giant stuffed teddy bear, but so does everyone else... It's a burden to have 50 giant stuffed teddy bears. Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Apoc - 12-29-2009 Mike Wrote:BLINGMW Wrote:I was a little overwhelmed honestly by the mountain of plastic Nathan got from both families. I didn't even have to get him anything. It's kind of silly, ONE gift would be more than he "needs". :dunno: We battled the urge with my nieces this year. I wanted to get them a Power Wheels because, well, I never had one... but Melissa wouldn't let me.We ended up getting them a toy train set because I think that's something every kid should have around their Christmas tree. My mom buys sooooo much stuff for them, they have no where to put the crap in a 4000 sqft house. I'm personally not a fan of gifting charities, but I like the idea about personal enrichment or gifting towards college/future. We try to get them books or things for learning, but have also been known to give stock or savings bonds. Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - DavidM - 12-29-2009 Apoc Wrote:but have also been known to give stock or savings bonds. This, I don't know any college kid who would appreciate an extra couple hundred bucks in their pocket from a recently matured bond. Especially since its not like they don't get enough other toys to play with at christmas. Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Jake - 12-29-2009 DavidM Wrote:Apoc Wrote:but have also been known to give stock or savings bonds. Yep. My grandma makes me something each year artsy (this year was slumped glass, very cool) and gives me a check. She knows I can put it to good use either with college-related stuff or as a "fun money" fund. That said, I got some nice stuff from M&D, some of which was needed as things broke over the past few months. ÔÇó Booqbags Boa Slim backpack (after my 6+ year old one broke) ÔÇó┬áApple In-Ear headphones (after my Vibes broke) ÔÇó Nikkor 35mm 1.8 lens ÔÇó┬á44 issues of Miata Magazine, from 1990 to 2003. Never issued before, I'm the first to open them. Way cool. ÔÇó┬áGoing Faster! Mastering the Art of Race Driving... apparently my dad talked to Dr. Thomas at an AX and he recommended the book. Looking forward to reading it. ÔÇó┬áSome clothes that are nice and I would have never bought myself because of cost Sounds like everyone had a great holiday. If the club can raise some funds in time for next Christmas (which I'm sure we can) a donation to a charity as mentioned above would be great. Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - balactm - 12-29-2009 i have a hard time getting my siblings anything for christmas. i have 3 sisters and a brother all supported by very well-off parents. i hate getting them toys because 95% of the crap under the tree each year is another toy that will last 10 minutes on christmas day. That being said i went to the $5 and under store and got my brother a lava lamp and stupid cheap other stuff for my sisters. Although i was really tempted to get my 12 year brother the giant lil' wayne poster.... |