The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage



Madison Motorsports
2009 Santa brought me... - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: 2009 Santa brought me... (/showthread.php?tid=8651)

Pages: 1 2


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Goodspeed - 12-29-2009

Heh.....this thread makes baby Jesus cry.

I had a ton of fun giving this year, I always like to spoil and getting family together in California was :thumbup: . The two together are what usually makes Christmas for me.

My loot:
Top Gear UK mag
A log of Hickory Farms summer sausage (nommmm)
American Grass Fed Beef beef jerky (probably the best that can be bought, double nommmmm)
Forza 3
V for Vendetta dvd
Princeton Tec LED head lamp
OS X Snow Leopard
Apple slim "chicklet" keyboard
Some $


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - WRXtranceformed - 12-30-2009

Mike Wrote:
WRXtranceformed Wrote:We aren't big on gifts
WRXtranceformed Wrote:got about $1k in cash

wanna trade realities?
$1k cash is a decent chunk of change but that's spread out over all of my relatives. None of my family is really that close, so everyone just gets me cash because they don't know what I would want or even really what my interests are. :lol: My brother scored with the orbital buffer though, we're pretty much best friends so he knew I would enjoy that :thumbup:

I gave my mom a Blu Ray player, my dad an original 1972 Junior Wells / Buddy Guy LP autographed by both of them, and I got my brother an autographed JJ Redick Duke basketball home jersey.


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Ken - 12-30-2009

Cash (to pay off debts and hopefully a spring break trip)
2 Polk R50 Standing speakers, Random purchase made with my dad, totally worth it though
Lacoste Sweater


Pretty much it, everyone knew i needed cash lol.


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Mike - 12-30-2009

Mike Wrote:
WRXtranceformed Wrote:We aren't big on gifts
WRXtranceformed Wrote:got about $1k in cash

wanna trade realities?

WRXtranceformed Wrote:$1k cash is a decent chunk of change but that's spread out over all of my relatives.

I got $30.

Again, wanna trade realities?


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - KPWSerpiente - 12-30-2009

Quote:I got $30.

Again, wanna trade realities?

No.

-T


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - HAULN-SS - 12-30-2009

Who would want money anyway? I feel bad accepting money from people, or really, presents in general, since at this stage in my life I make more than most of the people giving gifts. Don't you guys feel the same way, somewhat?


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Sijray21 - 12-30-2009

HAULN-SS Wrote:Who would want money anyway?

wHat?

i want money :bootyshake:

no, i actually agree with you about the giving part. this Christmas, i'm the single adult giving to all the little kids in my family (i usually give money if i don't know what they want because pointless gifts are a waste). if i know what they want from finding out through their parents or paying attention, then i usually try to get them that.


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - G.Irish - 12-30-2009

With giving kids gifts I like the idea of investing in the kids' future with savings bonds or something rather than useless toys. At least in most cases. Or maybe getting them an experience, like summer camp in their sport of choice or a ski trip, or a karting arrive and drive :twisted:


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Apoc - 12-30-2009

HAULN-SS Wrote:Who would want money anyway? I feel bad accepting money from people, or really, presents in general, since at this stage in my life I make more than most of the people giving gifts. Don't you guys feel the same way, somewhat?

No, not really. As long as gifts aren't given out of a sense of requirement, and because they actually care about me, I don't feel guilty at all.


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Steve85 - 12-30-2009

That stuff is great and very much appreciated by the parents. We spend 364 days a year meeting their needs for now and the future, it's nice to have a day to just spoil them. To just get them stuff and tell them it's from guy on a magical sled and see their eyes light up when they get a guitar they can't play and some ridiculous spider-man web blaster silly string sprayer just cause they wanted it. Santa also brought one of those AFX style slot racer tracks..you know, for the kids :evileye:

In the gifting topic, it's actually birthdays that make me uncomfortable. We rented out this jungle gym/moon bounce place and invited about 13-14 of my 6 yr olds friends. They all brought transformer this or that and I just thought it was too much. Christmas is a few things from Santa, us, and the grandparents.

And MIke, don't feel like the teddy money was a waste. I would bet her mom would trade every dollar that would have been in her pocket for the happiness and joy Jade got from escaping the illness for a little while and just being overwhelmed with gifts. That story of her riding the bike out of the hospital...tear. If it was my kid, you'd have to do a lot better than a few hundred bucks to take that away. The hope is those giving the gifts don't lose sight of the help the family needs and find a way to do both.


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Mike - 12-30-2009

KPWSerpiente Wrote:
Quote:I got $30.

Again, wanna trade realities?

No.

-T

:?:


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Mike - 12-30-2009

Steve85 Wrote:And MIke, don't feel like the teddy money was a waste. I would bet her mom would trade every dollar that would have been in her pocket for the happiness and joy Jade got from escaping the illness for a little while and just being overwhelmed with gifts. That story of her riding the bike out of the hospital...tear. If it was my kid, you'd have to do a lot better than a few hundred bucks to take that away. The hope is those giving the gifts don't lose sight of the help the family needs and find a way to do both.

The problem is that right now they don't have a place to live... So it's my basement that's filled with 50 teddy bears :lol: Money will get them a home before the teddy bears do Big Grin


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - WRXtranceformed - 12-30-2009

I never feel bad if someone wants to give me money.

That's what happens when you work in sales. :lol:


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - Evan - 12-30-2009

wool/cashmere dress overcoat, blazer, shirt and tie which I was to wear to a nice dinner at Inn at Little Washington but we cancelled due to my best gift on christmas, a trip to the Emergency Room.


Re: 2009 Santa brought me... - BLINGMW - 12-31-2009

Evan Wrote:a trip to the Emergency Room.
always fun.... so... do we get any further details? Or did you crush your nuts in a dancing accident?