WRXtranceformed Wrote:my brother made a good point, that the controller for the PS4 has always been far inferior. As stupid as that is, I really want to wrap my hands around both because I have definitely never had a lot of love for PS controllers. yes.
Sony was stupid and made the PS controller shape, circa 1995, part of playstation branding. now they are stuck with that awful shape. its been subtly tweaked so its not as awful as it used to be, but its still not as good as the xbox controller.
Xbox controllers are descendents of dreamcast controllers, which were also pretty fantastic.
Luckily, they make PS3 (and likely will make PS4) controllers shaped and layed out exactly like xbox controllers.
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
One problem I have with both controllers is that they feel small to me. I wish they'd make a controller for 10 year olds and a controller for 25 year olds. A long session of COD leaves my hands aching like some kind of carpal tunnel thing
2013 Cadillac ATS....¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
2008 Chevy Malibu LT....▄██ ▲ █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
1986 Monte Carlo SS. ...███▲▲ █ █ ███████
1999 F250 SuperDuty...███████████████████►
1971 Monte Carlo SC ...◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤
HAULN-SS Wrote:my hands aching like some kind of carpal tunnel thing
lol you might have it! and then no controler would help you!
#99 - 2000 Civic Si (Future H2 Car, Former H1 car)
IPGparts.com, AutoFair Honda, Amsoil, QuikLatch Fasteners
NASA-MA Tech Inspector (Retired)
What I don't get is that the Xbox One is being billed as a better media center device than the PS4, but I don't really see many features that make it significantly better. It has an HDMI input, but you can't use it as a DVR. All of the same streaming media services are available on both consoles (Netlfix, Hulu, Pandora, etc). With the HDMI input you can control your TV using Kinect and switch quickly between TV and games but that doesn't seem like it's solving a major problem for consumers. And the hard drive is still proprietary for those who want to upgrade.
Supposedly the DVR functionality can be added in the future but right now it doesn't seem like Xbox One is delivering a lot more value to media center concept than the PS4.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
G.Irish Wrote:Xbox One is being billed as a better media center device than the PS4, but I don't really see many features that make it significantly better.
Native support for my network. PS4 may have the same thing, but I like that all my OSes are MS and can see each other just by being on the same network.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
Well, well, well, looks like Microsoft is caving on the DRM due to the massive backlash:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gamasutra.com/view/news/194649/Microsoft_moving_to_reverse_Xbox_One_DRM_policy.php">http://gamasutra.com/view/news/194649/M ... policy.php</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/">http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/micro ... 1100-4673/</a><!-- m -->
I was probably going to put down a deposit for the PS4 today, now I'm gonna have to think about it since I do want Forza 5. Maybe I'll get both at some point, and just lead with the PS4.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
Thanks to all the haters for making my system of choice better!
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
G.Irish Wrote:Well, well, well, looks like Microsoft is caving on the DRM due to the massive backlash:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://gamasutra.com/view/news/194649/Microsoft_moving_to_reverse_Xbox_One_DRM_policy.php">http://gamasutra.com/view/news/194649/M ... policy.php</a><!-- m -->
bbbut it was a keystone to their entire strategy going forward! :finger:
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
So yea....now i see no reason not to buy an XB1. Better controller, Forza, Halo, better online experience. The only negative, IMO is the $499. But I'm ok with that since it comes with Kinect.
JustinG Wrote:So yea....now i see no reason not to buy an XB1. Better controller, Forza, Halo, better online experience. The only negative, IMO is the $499. But I'm ok with that since it comes with Kinect.
Welcome back.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-drm-marc-whitten/">http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/19/xbox ... c-whitten/</a><!-- m -->
"There are some things -- the family sharing stuff is an example -- where as we move to this system, that functionality goes away," Whitten told us. Another such piece of functionality the console's losing: digitally accessible versions of disc-based games. "You're gonna see your online content but you won't see your physical discs," he said. Should you choose to purchase those games digitally, of course, they'll show up as part of your online persona.
I'd almost put up with DRM to not have to switch discs. I guess this means I should buy digital versions of every game, if available.
DEATH TO DISCS!
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
If they are cheaper I will buy the download. Otherwise I'm buying the disc so I can recoup some of my cost via trade in.
JustinG Wrote:If they are cheaper I will buy the download. Otherwise I'm buying the disc so I can recoup some of my cost via trade in. I would go digital too if they were cheaper. Thus far I haven't seen that though. The Nike Fitness game for 360 is available digitally and on a disc but they cost the same. Only benefit is that you don't have to go to the store or wait for it in the mail.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
G.Irish Wrote:JustinG Wrote:If they are cheaper I will buy the download. Otherwise I'm buying the disc so I can recoup some of my cost via trade in. I would go digital too if they were cheaper. Thus far I haven't seen that though. The Nike Fitness game for 360 is available digitally and on a disc but they cost the same. Only benefit is that you don't have to go to the store or wait for it in the mail.
Same price and no trade in......FUG DAT YO. I will take the 15 minutes of my time to drive 2 miles to my local GS, or just do release day delivery from Amazon.
A big obstacle I see to downloadable only games is the server overload on release days. Good luck with actually getting that preordered game downloaded when 2.5 million other people are trying to do the same
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium
Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
JustinG Wrote:I'm ok with that. My console is always connected to the interwebs. I have no idea the last time I bought a used game. And I don't loan games out.
JustinG Wrote:Same price and no trade in......FUG DAT YO. I will take the 15 minutes of my time to drive 2 miles to my local GS, or just do release day delivery from Amazon.
Make up your mind, do you care about used games or not?
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
I dont buy used games, but I trade in towards new ones.
JustinG Wrote:I dont buy used games, but I trade in towards new ones.
You realize that if you can't buy used ones there's also no market for your trade-in...right?
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
WRXtranceformed Wrote:A big obstacle I see to downloadable only games is the server overload on release days. Good luck with actually getting that preordered game downloaded when 2.5 million other people are trying to do the same That's a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Oh well, I probably won't be downloading games then.
So now that the great Xboxodus has been averted, what launch games are people planning on buying?
For me:
Forza 5
Battlefield 4 or Titanfall
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
|