Video Games Thread - Gamertags in 1st post
G.Irish Wrote:Any gamer problem is a first world problem.

unless you are the korean/chinese farmer type gamer Wink
#99 - 2000 Civic Si (Future H2 Car, Former H1 car)
IPGparts.com, AutoFair Honda, Amsoil, QuikLatch Fasteners
NASA-MA Tech Inspector (Retired)
  Reply
Xbox One press conference was chock full of underwhelm. The only 2013 exclusives that I'd be interested in are Titanfall, Killer Instinct and Forza 5 (whose trailer and presentation were a yawn). Titanfall will be out for 360 anyway. Dead Rising 3 did look pretty good, but not something I'd buy.

MGS5 looked awesome. Battlefield 4 looked really good (if a bit chaotic and confusing).

$500 is not too crazy for me, but is probably too high in general. Especially since I can imagine most gamers don't want the Kinect in the first place.

Don't know if Sony is gonna have any exclusives that are gonna put them out ahead of XboxOne. But at this point all they have to do is come in cheaper, and not fuck up on DRM.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX

http://www.aclr8.com
  Reply
G.Irish Wrote:$500 is not too crazy for me
What about the broke college students? This is exactly why ps3 sales were so low. No one wants to pay $500 to play COD.
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 A/T
2012 Civic Si - Sold
  Reply
Don't see the big deal on price? Considering the 360 (w HDD) started at 399 back in its day.
2019 Mazda CX-5 (TURBAH)
(X)2016.5 Mazda CX-5
(X)2010 GTI
(x)2011 Lancer Evolution GSR
(x)2009 Lancer Ralliart
(x)2006 Acura RSX
  Reply
$500+ $50 for an extra controller + $60 a game (I buy max 2 games a year) + Xbove Live = $730.00 up front cost to play Xbox One.

That's getting to be up there. I will most likely not be upgrading at least initially, but I tend to be a late follower to technology trends.
2020 Ford Raptor
2009 Z06
1986.5 Porsche 928S
  Reply
Alrighty, then. Three ring circus of red blinking lights is getting fixed then. $500 for the kids to play Minecraft and me to play Forza once a month ain't happenin.
Current: 1985 LS1 Corvette | 2014 328i Wagon F31
Former: 2010 Ford Edge | 1999 Integra GS
I have a little bit of a rub near lock but if you are turned to lock on a track there are other problems already...
  Reply
Ken Wrote:Don't see the big deal on price? Considering the 360 (w HDD) started at 399 back in its day.
Yeah I don't think it's too crazy, but I think it's that high because Kinect is included. I think they would've done better to let Kinect be an option again, then they could've came out at $400.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX

http://www.aclr8.com
  Reply
Steve85 Wrote:Alrighty, then. Three ring circus of red blinking lights is getting fixed then. $500 for the kids to play Minecraft and me to play Forza once a month ain't happenin.

Looking back, I'd have saved so much money buying a PS3. No second xbox at 249, no 50 dollars a year for xbl...

All SNE has to do tonight is not fuck up and they've gone a long way to getting my money.
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
  Reply
Honestly, the only reason I'll probably buy one is because I need a Blu Ray Player.

I can't see spending hundreds of dollars when I only play mine 4-8 hours/month.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944

"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
  Reply
At that price point ill be waiting for the first price drop. Considering the kid takes up 90% of my free time i wont have time to play enough to justify it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  Reply
too high to be a whimsical purchase for me and i've found myself playing 0 xbox this year (unrelated to lacking an opposable thumb for the past month)... ugh... tougher call than i was expecting.
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
Wow $500.00 is a little aggressive considering you're going to be another $180.00 deep on release day for games etc. I was a definite but also a tough call now.
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium

Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
  Reply
18 month no interest financing at best buy. $30 a month may be a way to justify it. :-|

I assume if you have an existing live subscription you can use the remainder on XB1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  Reply
$400 in 2005 is $475 in inflation adjusted 2013 money.
And you get a kinect on top of that.
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, at least relatively.

For me, lately my total hours spent in front of a video game is in the single digits for the entire year, so I cant see myself getting any next gen system without a killer app beyond just gaming.
(even despite killer instinct and a good MGS game)
SM #55 | 06 Titan | 12 Focus | 06 Exige | 14 CX-5
  Reply
WRXtranceformed Wrote:Wow $500.00 is a little aggressive considering you're going to be another $180.00 deep on release day for games etc. I was a definite but also a tough call now.

Just reward yourself with it for something awesome you did. :lol:
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944

"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
  Reply
Ok...so by the amount of Xbox I play now, I will probably Not be buying one.
My reasons:
Idgaf about used games because its just more hassle than its worth but not being able to play single player without live would piss me off. I haven't had my own live account in two years. Regardless, Comcast goes down far too often not to mention router troubles. Having internet constantly is just not feasible.

And although $500 isn't that much, it adds up quick with games and I don't play enough to justify it.

Sounds like an over bloated pile of shit media center like all of msft other products that I don't need or want. I haven't used any of the tiles on my current Xbox home screens...ever

Gerald, Battlefield is meant to be chaotic. Its e only way to reach the target audience of ADHD mountain dew fueled little f***s. Which is why I played the demo, and then ran and never looked back.

Oh Yea, my first 360 failed (which was covered under warranty so ok) but my second failed in a way that wasn't covered under warranty (stopped outputting video for some reason) and my third failed outside of warranty ( i don't even remember if it was red ring or not) so I wouldn't say they are exactly reliable when they push for new tech...as Gerald said, they are already having failures

This space is reserved for my other points that I have forgotten

That said, don't be surprised when I end up with one 6 months after they come out.


Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
2004 Honda S2000
2001 F-150 4X4 6" lift on 37" tires
2007 GSX-R 600
2008 SX-R 800

1992 (slammed by PO) 240sx Coupe (SOLD)
1999 BMW POS ///M3(SOLD)
1998 Honda Civic EX beater (SOLD)
  Reply
Game, set, match. PS4 will be $400, no used games DRM, no online DRM, no restrictions on loaning or renting. Backwards compatibility via streaming won't be here until next year apparently. Not sure how the costs are gonna work out on that. With a PS Plus subscription you get what looks like a free indie game every month. It did kinda sound like you needed to pay up for PS Plus to get multiplayer on PS4, not sure on that.

As far as exclusive games there wasn't much that got me excited, GT6 for PS3 looked really good, and a new FPS game The Order 1886 looked decent. No indication whatsoever as to what launch games will be available.

The Destiny demo looked interested, it looks there's ad hoc multiplayer co-op where 6+ people can randomly join a big battle to fight with you. Unfortunately it won't be out till 2014.

All in all Sony's conference was better than MSFT's. They really could've just revealed the price and the lack of DRM and it would've been winner. But a lot of the gameplay looked fun and most of the major franchises are gonna be on both platforms.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX

http://www.aclr8.com
  Reply
...but, your Gamerscore!
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944

"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
  Reply
Nvm, looks like I'll be getting a new console. Unless this game comes out in January becasue I know my roommate will buy a Xbox One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlf9KEGkT5c
2004 Honda S2000
2001 F-150 4X4 6" lift on 37" tires
2007 GSX-R 600
2008 SX-R 800

1992 (slammed by PO) 240sx Coupe (SOLD)
1999 BMW POS ///M3(SOLD)
1998 Honda Civic EX beater (SOLD)
  Reply
Nvm, looks like I'll be getting a new console. Unless this game comes out in January becasue I know my roommate will buy a Xbox One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlf9KEGkT5c
I hate NOS / 2 Fast 2 Furious / DUB Edition style driving games but damn am I a sucker for free-world / free-roam. I pretty much spend the whole time in all the GTA series driving around or running from da po-lice. GTA 5 (still a 360 game and with how long it has been delayed, I see no chance of them going to the one) better allow me to hook and unhook a motherf***ing trailer up to a big rig. Thats all I'm asking for. Oh yea, and I would like to do drive bys and steal shit with no real world ramifications :thumbup:

EDIT: Ok after seeing the walkthrough, this game has far too much NOS and no simulation damage which I do enjoy a game to have some realistic qualities. Also, the cars/mods are f***ing Mad Max retarded sometimes. None the less, some interesting concepts are found within this game. I like the teaming up with friends thing. I like the open-world idea. Although, by the map in the walkthrough, I would say open-world means open as far as 5 or 6 different "maps" that you can go to and have an open-city. Although whichever city was the midwest covered like 10 states :lol: Oh well, we'll see what happens when it releases
2004 Honda S2000
2001 F-150 4X4 6" lift on 37" tires
2007 GSX-R 600
2008 SX-R 800

1992 (slammed by PO) 240sx Coupe (SOLD)
1999 BMW POS ///M3(SOLD)
1998 Honda Civic EX beater (SOLD)
  Reply


Forum Jump: