Thinking about buying a newish car
.RJ Wrote:I'll have to check the crawl spaces. I hope they're not out of fish heads.
:lol:

I like the truck
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a van is a good guy with a van
  Reply
ViPER1313 Wrote:Pickups with short beds are worthless. That is all.

:?:
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
  Reply
.RJ Wrote:
ViPER1313 Wrote:Pickups with short beds are worthless. That is all.

:?:

They don't offer the functionality that a pickup is supposed to provide (hauling lots of long / bulky things) and don't offer the convenience that an SUV does when it comes to hauling people or keeping lots of enclosed cargo. When I worked for Home Depot way back when, I had to strap most longer objects to the roof of every Chevrolet Avalanche that came through because it wouldn't fit in it's "bed."

Worthless.
Why do people just post what they are thinking? Without thinking.

2012 Ford Mustang
1995 BMW 540i/A
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
  Reply
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I just have no need for hauling a 4x8' sheet of plywood.
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
  Reply
He can't do the things that you want to do with the truck, so it's stupid?

You know, or his needs are different than yours.

Just a thought.
When it comes to Ryan Jenkins, the story ends with me putting him in the wall.

2009 Speed Triple | 2006 DR-Z400SM | 1999 CBR600F4 | 1998 Jeep Cherokee

-Ginger
  Reply
ViPER1313 Wrote:Worthless.

It fits his motorcycle... Seems like that'd be worth something :dunno:
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
xvxax Wrote:someone was towing a Miata with one at last weeks autocross.

Gay... Proof. /thread.

:wink:
Jeff Morrison - Used Car Manager
Woodstock Garage, Inc.
Chrysler - Dodge - Jeep - RAM

Current Stable of Mopar Junk
57 Chrysler Windsor 4drHT - 67 Dodge D100 Short Bed Step Side - 71 Dodge Challenger - 91 Chrysler Lebaron LX 33k mile Survivor - 91 Dodge Dakota V8 - 05 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster - 08 Ram 2500 Cummins
  Reply
HA! you are the one that is going to be putting some ONTZ ONTZ in it!
#99 - 2000 Civic Si (Future H2 Car, Former H1 car)
IPGparts.com, AutoFair Honda, Amsoil, QuikLatch Fasteners
NASA-MA Tech Inspector (Retired)
  Reply
Its got factory oontz!

I just need an ipod plug Wink
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
  Reply
I think it's a great buy, personally. I'm not a fan of buying brand-new vehicles, but if the price is right, then go for it.

For Adam's response, most people that buy trucks very rarely use them for what they were designed for, they buy them anyways b/c they are big and make the customer feel like they command the road. I will freely admit that my truck is bigger than I needed, but I tow something with it at least once a month and it will last me damn near forever. Am I an idiot for buying the extended cab with the shorter bed b/c I wanted the extra maneuverability to be able to park in a parking deck at work?

I think the Ridgeline is a phenomal all-purpose utility vehicle, the jack-of-all-trades if you will. Good ride comfort for a truck, enough cargo space to be useful in almost every situation, 4 full doors, and seems to be very well-engineered. Seriously, how does that not appeal to the general masses?
  Reply
Dave Wrote:Seriously, how does that not appeal to the general masses?

Driving a SHO and a DSM while living in Md has distorted his reality.
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
  Reply
RJ, let us know how it does with towing, and I disagree with Adam, ill be getting a truck with a shortbed, I dont do construction work, I do towing and throwing car parts in the bed. Ill use it more around town and for trips so having the interior space is better.

RJ it looks good, but it means we're going to have to see some "useful" pictures all loaded up!
2020 Ford Raptor
2009 Z06
1986.5 Porsche 928S
  Reply
Give me a few weeks Wink
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
  Reply
So what happened to you selling off your shit and moving? Please don't tell me that Derecola's prediction of 20∞ was correct.
Two feet.
  Reply
:?:

I'm replacing one vehicle with another, donkey. I got rid of so much shit last year its ridiculous.

Moving to CA is probably out, I cant be a housewife Wink Working on something else though.
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
  Reply
I also disagree with Adam, a longbed isn't all that. Growing up farming and always being around trucks and tractors we never found ourselves wishing we had a longbed truck. The shortbed does just fine (even carrying plywood and boards) and is easier to maneuver around a tight barn/parking lot/paddock with a trailer on the back of it.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2019 Ford Mustang
  Reply
.RJ Wrote::?:

I'm replacing one vehicle with another, donkey. I got rid of so much shit last year its ridiculous.

Moving to CA is probably out, I cant be a housewife Wink Working on something else though.

Low blow.
Two feet.
  Reply
.RJ Wrote:Moving to CA is probably out

ahahahahaha. i'm not going to dig up old posts, but... you know...
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
Andy Wrote:Please don't tell me that Derecola's prediction of 20∞ was correct.

I don't even know what that means...
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944

"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
  Reply
Mike Wrote:
.RJ Wrote:Moving to CA is probably out

ahahahahaha. i'm not going to dig up old posts, but... you know...

I know what? That its a bad idea?

Yeah, I admit it. It was/is/will remain a pipe dream of living in year round 70 deg weather. At this point I'm glad I didnt go because I'd probably be unemployed.

So I admit it. It was a stupid idea.

You guys are fucking relentless.
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
  Reply


Forum Jump: