Which part of the site is slow?
Browsing the Forum
0%
0
Certain Sections (elaborate in a post)
0%
0
Posting to the Forum
0%
0
The Whole Forum Experience
0%
0
The Whole Site
0%
0
0 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

site been slow?
Adam, what do we need to do by Mar. 17 to keep the site up?
Current:
- 1993 325is Black/Black 97 STX Christine
-2015 Ford Fiesta ST OW Ms Fiesty
Past:
-2002 Ford Ranger 4.0 XL 5MT AKA Goldy Locks
  Reply
xvxax Wrote:Well I PMd jack to get to the bottom of this. Actually, it appears that PMing doesn't work. Can anyone get ahold of him?

JackoliciousLegs Wrote:hello from thailand bitches :-)

... internet is hellaspensive out here on this deserted island...

Private messaging is the best way to contact me while i'm away since i won't be checking the forum. Let me know if you need anything before I'm back.

I'm sure he doesnt have time to check MM PMs so I wouldn't count on him being able to answer questions promptly.
1994 Ford Ranger
2004 Honda S2000
2007 BMW X3
  Reply
if anybody has a question for jack, post it and i'll get it to and from him via facebook.
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
I tried to ask him the question above, what do we need to do immediately before the 17th when our registration expires? We can discuss switching hosts later. I assume we need to re-register our domain name, but I am not a smad major.
Current:
- 1993 325is Black/Black 97 STX Christine
-2015 Ford Fiesta ST OW Ms Fiesty
Past:
-2002 Ford Ranger 4.0 XL 5MT AKA Goldy Locks
  Reply
Jack says he's never had to do anything for the domain renewal. if we want to look in to it, we can look up who our registrar is and try contacting them. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.whois.net/whois_new3.cgi?d=mmsports&tld=org">http://www.whois.net/whois_new3.cgi?d=mmsports&tld=org</a><!-- m -->

So it's Nexpoint. If someone wants to contact them, go for it. I'm of the opinion we'll be fine if we don't do anything... If they haven't contacted us about needing to do something, we probably don't.

Also, someone who has FTP access, please forward it along.
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
Maengelito Wrote:sooo... is anyone doing anything about this?

:?: :dunno:
1994 Ford Ranger
2004 Honda S2000
2007 BMW X3
  Reply
Mike Wrote:So it's Nexpoint. If someone wants to contact them, go for it. I'm of the opinion we'll be fine if we don't do anything... If they haven't contacted us about needing to do something, we probably don't.

I've been tied up with car show business and haven't taken time out for this. However, I need to know exactly who we are TO nexpoint...maybe they haven't contacted us because they've forgot about us. I'm up for calling them but I don't want to screw things up by doing so.
Current: '20 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD | '20 Yamaha R3 | '04 Lexus IS300 SD
Past: '94 Mazda RX-7 | '04 Lexus IS300 (RIP) | '00 Jeep XJ | '99 Mazda 10AE Miata | '88 Toyota Supra Turbo

My MM Movies - Watch Them Here
  Reply
From what I remember Nexpoint is giving us free hosting because we're a JMU club. I think Jack might know more about that agreement but I'm not sure. Perhaps Gerald or John C could shed some light on that.

I think "not doing anything" is not a good idea as most of this stuff is now automated. As such, when things expire, it'll automatically redirect to a free advertising site or porn site. Which could, in turn, increase MM's popularity on the web I guess, but not in a motorsports way.

Do we know if the database (or site if possible) gets backed up, ever?
http://www.85xr.com

1985 Merkur XR4Ti Track Car
2013 Ford F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
E46 BMW 330Ci Sport 5spd
1973 Honda CL125S
1985 Honda CX500
2013 Arctic Cat 700 ATV
2017 Onewheel +
  Reply
PDenbigh Wrote:it'll automatically redirect to a free advertising site or porn site

Well... do we get to pick which one? :lol:
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
  Reply
jack is not going to be available for all this. adam is the only one (that i know of) with access to stuff. i've requested the credentials, but no luck.
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
PM'ed
Why do people just post what they are thinking? Without thinking.

2012 Ford Mustang
1995 BMW 540i/A
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
  Reply
sweet.

so i'm fairly certain all the slowness is the forum. just tossing some ideas around in my head... optimizing the table... if there can be any sort of archiving done in the administrator... will look in to some things tomorrow.

i'll also look in to getting in touch with nexpoint.
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
Mike Wrote:i'll also look in to getting in touch with nexpoint.

Thanks, please do, and let us know what you find out :thumbup:
Current: '20 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD | '20 Yamaha R3 | '04 Lexus IS300 SD
Past: '94 Mazda RX-7 | '04 Lexus IS300 (RIP) | '00 Jeep XJ | '99 Mazda 10AE Miata | '88 Toyota Supra Turbo

My MM Movies - Watch Them Here
  Reply
You can log into phpMyAdmin and simply run OPTIMIZE TABLE TABLE_NAME_HERE on some of the main tables, just make sure you back up the DB (all tables) using the phpMyAdmin software. PHPBB's backup function is a joke and won't help us at all if the DB crashes. You should also shut down access to the site using the admin panel (you have an admin account, right??) before doing it so the tables don't lock themselves.
Why do people just post what they are thinking? Without thinking.

2012 Ford Mustang
1995 BMW 540i/A
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
  Reply
I'm not able to do anything about his (borderline computer illiterate) but does anyone have any idea what is going on?
Current: '20 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD | '20 Yamaha R3 | '04 Lexus IS300 SD
Past: '94 Mazda RX-7 | '04 Lexus IS300 (RIP) | '00 Jeep XJ | '99 Mazda 10AE Miata | '88 Toyota Supra Turbo

My MM Movies - Watch Them Here
  Reply
So, the day is near and I'm fearing armageddon. Just in case this website implodes on itself like a dying star, here is how you can reach me:

-

Can anyone tell me that they've contacted Nexpoint before I do, and what happened? There were some mumblings earlier that nothing will happen and the site will keep going like Y2K, is this the case?

Sorry I haven't had time to really find out more about this situation. Regardless, I have many of you in my Fbook so we'll keep in touch.
Current: '20 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD | '20 Yamaha R3 | '04 Lexus IS300 SD
Past: '94 Mazda RX-7 | '04 Lexus IS300 (RIP) | '00 Jeep XJ | '99 Mazda 10AE Miata | '88 Toyota Supra Turbo

My MM Movies - Watch Them Here
  Reply
-puts on some Tom Waits and opens a bottle of bourbon- We're going down.
2013 Cadillac ATS....¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
2008 Chevy Malibu LT....▄██ ▲  █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
1986 Monte Carlo SS. ...███▲▲ █ █ ███████
1999 F250 SuperDuty...███████████████████►
1971 Monte Carlo SC ...◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤
  Reply
Nope, we aren't. I just got off the phone with Nexpoint. I didn't understand if Jack meant we had free registration or free hosting. We have free registration and it's set to auto renew. We can update or change at our convenience.
Current:
- 1993 325is Black/Black 97 STX Christine
-2015 Ford Fiesta ST OW Ms Fiesty
Past:
-2002 Ford Ranger 4.0 XL 5MT AKA Goldy Locks
  Reply
Okay, so this discussion has gone from the site being slow to will the site exist and who is hosting it. We should get back to it being slow, no matter where its hosted. Are we gonna tell nexpoint to get their act together if our site stays here or are we shopping around for something better if we ditch nexpoint?
1994 Ford Ranger
2004 Honda S2000
2007 BMW X3
  Reply
Site has been great for me tonight... first time in weeks. Maybe they took a look at our server?
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply


Forum Jump: