BLINGMW Wrote:BTW, I've never gotten so many looks from chicks than when I am driving Jess' Mini around. Of course, chicks smile and wave at gay guys too... so... hmm.... :dunno: :evileye: :oops:
I wear pink shirts... so maybe driving a mini is a bit too far.
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
350Z - I like them, but they're kinda plain, and I'd hate to see myself coming and going 9 million times a day.
Mini S - It's for gays.
S2000 - After driving mine for a year and some 20k miles, I found it kind of annoying to drive daily. Loud, rattley, annoying to get in and out of (which got on my nerves more than I thought it would), and useless for more than a day trip (though if you're keeping the truck, I guess this wouldn't be a problem...but who wants to leave an S2000 in the driveway when you go away for a weekend??). I dunno, you owned a Miata so you'll have a good idea of what to expect.
Mazdaspeed 3 - Haven't been in a Speed 3, but these are towards the top of my list.
E46 - I feel pretty much the same as the 350z, except these are more boring.
E39 - M5 or bust! Or at least a 540i/6 with the sport package.
07+ GTi - No beef with these, except for reliability.
99-05 Miata - Only if it's the MS version.
Boxster - The oil leak shiz scares me, but otherwise I dig'em. I wouldn't get one unless it was an S, though.
Audi A4 - Boring.
ITR - I'd hate to drive somewhere, go in, and wonder if I had a ride home on my way out.
Saturn Sky - I put the top up and down in the S2000 multiple times a day...no way I'd want to deal with the Sky/Solstice top.
2001 M5
2016 M3
2014 Grand Cherokee
Been had: 1984 318i | 2003 S2000 | 1990 330is | 2005 STi | 2005 M3
Maengelito Wrote:if i could find a stook for cheap, i'd sell the miata and get it.
how cheap? I've seen s2ks down near 15K all over the place.
well, i bought my miata for 7k and it was pretty much ready to go on track. i dont think stooks can be had for that little
1994 Ford Ranger
2004 Honda S2000
2007 BMW X3
you're looking at 12ish for a decent sallydeuce.
I Am Mike
4 wheels: '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)
No longer onyachin.
#1: Why not STI/Evo or even WRX?
#2: I'll let you drive my Speed3 if you want, and then you can get a good sense of whether you want one or not. 5000 miles and 5 months later I still LOVE mine, which is a pretty new thing for me. (that is, to like a car after driving it for 5 months)
That said, don't let "what douchenozzles drive" be a factor in your choice. You should buy and drive something you enjoy. I don't think you'd enjoy the E39 Land Yacht, but you like your truck so I dunno.
#3:I don't think you'd be pleased with a convertible as your daily driver (if you want the wind in your face, ride your bike) so that busts the St00k, Miotter, Sky, and Boxter...it's just kind of dumb to have a convertible AND a motorcycle (if you ask me). Plus, everyone knows convertibles are for fags. Which brings us to the Mini S. I'm not gonna say don't buy one, but you should drive one first. If it were me, I'd want the turbo, not the supercharged.
#4: A4/GTI. *snicker*. After all scotty went through, you'd actually consider such a beastie? Whatever. VAG's are for FAGs.
#5: 350z, cool, I guess. Never driven or ridden so I can't really say yay or nay. What about G35? Better looking, not as boyracerish.
#6: ITR. Why'd you get rid of the one you had?
Ok, also what about these bad ideas:
TL type S
TSX
Speed6 (bit of a pig, but comfy)
GTO (Cheap as hell, and you need some pushrods in your life)
CTS-V (Might could find one ~ 25, and I <3 them)
Proper 911 (not a gay boxter)
Supercharged Cobra (I have no idea what these cost. Under 20 yet?)
Just my $.02, from someone who weighs these things pretty much constantly in his head.
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
CaptainHenreh Wrote:#1: Why not STI/Evo or even WRX?
Just dont like 'em. No particular reason.
CaptainHenreh Wrote:Which brings us to the Mini S. I'm not gonna say don't buy one, but you should drive one first. If it were me, I'd want the turbo, not the supercharged.
I've driven them and I think they're lots of fun, and they certainly look unique. I hate the center speedo thing, but there was some option to move it behind the steering wheel I think.
CaptainHenreh Wrote:#5: 350z, cool, I guess. Never driven or ridden so I can't really say yay or nay. What about G35? Better looking, not as boyracerish.
I like the Z... I think it looks good, and I drove John's a few times. Great exhaust noise. Totally impractical (no back seats), stuck at home in the snow, and tires are $$$ with 18" wheels.
CaptainHenreh Wrote:#6: ITR. Why'd you get rid of the one you had
I wanted to do that stupid racing thing.
None of the other cars you listed do anything for me, except maybe the boosted Cobra - but I think those are still big $$.
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
.RJ Wrote:I like the Z... I think it looks good, and I drove John's a few times. Great exhaust noise. Totally impractical (no back seats), stuck at home in the snow, and tires are $$$ with 18" wheels.
You have a truck, WTF are you worried about snow for?
Like I said, you can drive the Speed3 if you want, see if you rike it.
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
I will take you up on that offer.
Duel at sundown!
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
350z - i'm a big fan although storage is an issue. drove one for 5 days in San Diego and it felt perfect. great sound, great handling, but not that good on gas. With the right package and price i think this is a winner. Consider the G35 coupe.
ITR - i like driving my integra when compared to most other cars, but vandalisim/theft is a serious threat i know all too much about and i can't see how the ITR is better. Rarity is a plus.
MKV GTI - huge fan, but are overpriced for new with the options you'll likely want - i'd consider used
S2K - nice cars and they're getting cheap, i'd consider one
e46 - i like these alot, i'm also considering them. not really the rarity pizazz you get with other cars since they're found almost anywhere. 330i or 330ci would be the only one's i would consider.
e39 - 540i/6-speed only
MS3 - i think these are great cars. never driven one, but the only thing i don't really like is the extended hatch look. Same issue i have with the GTIs, but i have that attachment with VW that makes me always want one. (i'll own an MKII again someday...)
Boxter - these are nice, but the shifter feels like a limp penis and the S is probably still high priced. nice price on a good condition well-maintained one and i'd dig it.
I thought RJ was against these type of threads :-P
Sijray21 Wrote:e39 - 540i/6-speed only
Hmm...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/car/407466195.html">http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ ... 66195.html</a><!-- m -->
Sijray21 Wrote:I thought RJ was against these type of threads :-P
Only when Feersty makes 12 of them and takes 2 years to make up his mind.
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
Sijray21 Wrote:but the shifter feels like a limp penis
you may have inadvertently bumped this to the top of RJ's list
2010 Civic Si
2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road
--------------------------
Past: 03 Xterra SE 4x4 | 05 Impreza 2.5RS | 99.5 A4 Quattro 1.8T | 01 Accord EX | 90 Maxima GXE | 96 Explorer XLT
ScottyB Wrote:Sijray21 Wrote:but the shifter feels like a limp penis
you may have inadvertently bumped this to the top of RJ's list
hahaha
.RJ Wrote:Sijray21 Wrote:e39 - 540i/6-speed only
Hmm...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/car/407466195.html">http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ ... 66195.html</a><!-- m -->
that's peeeeeeiiimp! i'd rock it if it weren't black (i'm such a picky SOB)
Get a 540i 6-speed. It's a bad ass car.
--
Aaron
"Early to bed and early to rise probably indicates unskilled labor." - John Ciardi
.RJ Wrote:I've driven them and I think they're lots of fun, and they certainly look unique. I hate the center speedo thing, but there was some option to move it behind the steering wheel I think.
yeah I think if you get the onboard computer or the nav unit it moves the speedo off the center stack.
although it may be hard to find one closer to 20 than 25, what about an R32?
and I second the G35, if you like the 350z, i don't see why you wouldn't consider a G35, although they are at least as popular in nova so you don't get any rarity cool points
edit - maybe not as hard as I thought to find
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/c...02566.html
bah, you get used to the center speedo really fast. I find I can actually read it faster with my peripheral vision than I can a regular one in most cars.
And if you want a 540/6spd, I could check if my friend down in ATL is still thinking about selling his:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://mmsports.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4268&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=540&start=20">http://mmsports.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 0&start=20</a><!-- m -->
Already comes with an MM sticker and everything. :wink: And I'm QUITE sure it'd be far less than 22.5k.
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a van is a good guy with a van
I dont really like the R32, and I think G35's look like poop compared to the 350Z. No particular reason, but thats my bias
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
oooOOoooo I loooooove R32s... Hmmm... I have to suggest it...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/408596790.html">http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/408596790.html</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/408958031.html">http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/408958031.html</a><!-- m -->
Yes yes... I know they're in SF. All the more reason to come visit!
Now that the E46 has been out for a while, the E36 just looks dated. And I've already had one of those.
(09-25-2019, 03:18 PM)V1GiLaNtE Wrote: I think you need to see a mental health professional.
|