I can't say I've ever been worried about my 360. :dunno:
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
i got my xbox360 late in the game... after all the updates. my 360 elite was built after they "fixed" all the red ring issues and it still got a red ring.
#99 - 2000 Civic Si (Future H2 Car, Former H1 car)
IPGparts.com, AutoFair Honda, Amsoil, QuikLatch Fasteners
NASA-MA Tech Inspector (Retired)
My house at school has gone through 2 RROD and my brother's also got it.
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 A/T
2012 Civic Si - Sold
Apoc Wrote:I can't say I've ever been worried about my 360. :dunno:
i had two fail under warranty. sold my third. i doubt the "slim" will have any problems. whoa i've had four xbox360s
I Am Mike
4 wheels: '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)
No longer onyachin.
I'll get a PS4 as long as some other people I know get it so we can pwn noobs together. I am honestly not super stoked about the XB1, I keep going back and forth on it. FWIW I had at least 2 or 3 RRODs and my current 360 is super noisy and probably on its way there. 1 of them MS replaced under warranty, which then died again a week after I got it back and they refused to fix it. I know of 0 people who ever had an issue with a Playstation.
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium
Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
WRXtranceformed Wrote:I know of 0 people who ever had an issue with a Playstation.
Me too, but I only know two people that own them. :lol:
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
Apoc Wrote:WRXtranceformed Wrote:I know of 0 people who ever had an issue with a Playstation.
Me too, but I only know two people that own them. :lol:
And only 1 of them actually used it.
Hah... PS = Android except Android has a greater market share, which makes it even funnier that they're used less.
:bootyshake:
I Am Mike
4 wheels: '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)
No longer onyachin.
WRXtranceformed Wrote:I'll get a PS4 as long as some other people I know get it so we can pwn noobs together. I am honestly not super stoked about the XB1, I keep going back and forth on it. FWIW I had at least 2 or 3 RRODs and my current 360 is super noisy and probably on its way there. 1 of them MS replaced under warranty, which then died again a week after I got it back and they refused to fix it. I know of 0 people who ever had an issue with a Playstation. At least 4 of my coworkers have PS3's and none of them have had issues either. I may start with a XB1 but if there are a bunch of bullshit hardware failures I am going to fire sale that bitch.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4
Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX
http://www.aclr8.com
G.Irish Wrote:At least 4 of my coworkers have PS3's and none of them have had issues either. I may start with a XB1 but if there are a bunch of bullshit hardware failures I am going to fire sale that bitch.
Sold. I'll give you $150 once the XB1's start to fail
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
2004 Honda S2000
2001 F-150 4X4 6" lift on 37" tires
2007 GSX-R 600
2008 SX-R 800
1992 (slammed by PO) 240sx Coupe (SOLD)
1999 BMW POS ///M3(SOLD)
1998 Honda Civic EX beater (SOLD)
:cough: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bgr.com/2013/06/27/playstation-3-update-fix-bricked-ps3/">http://bgr.com/2013/06/27/playstation-3 ... icked-ps3/</a><!-- m -->
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
Apoc Wrote::cough: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bgr.com/2013/06/27/playstation-3-update-fix-bricked-ps3/">http://bgr.com/2013/06/27/playstation-3 ... icked-ps3/</a><!-- m -->
See how different that is from "Oh, your XBox is broken, everyone knows it's our fault but since you've owned it for more than a year pay us 100 dollars anyway."
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
CaptainHenreh Wrote:Apoc Wrote::cough: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bgr.com/2013/06/27/playstation-3-update-fix-bricked-ps3/">http://bgr.com/2013/06/27/playstation-3 ... icked-ps3/</a><!-- m -->
See how different that is from "Oh, your XBox is broken, everyone knows it's our fault but since you've owned it for more than a year pay us 100 dollars anyway." Haha I remember that exact call. MS fixed my XBOX under warranty but when it crashed again a week or so later (which put it past the one year mark) they refused to warranty it and wanted me to pay. "So you don't warranty your warranty work?"
It was shady but I ended up finding a "work around" for my broken xbox through a purchase at a local retailer. I figured they had more clout with Microsoft to deal with a returned product than I do.
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium
Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
CaptainHenreh Wrote:Apoc Wrote::cough: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bgr.com/2013/06/27/playstation-3-update-fix-bricked-ps3/">http://bgr.com/2013/06/27/playstation-3 ... icked-ps3/</a><!-- m -->
See how different that is from "Oh, your XBox is broken, everyone knows it's our fault but since you've owned it for more than a year pay us 100 dollars anyway."
Just commenting on the general theme that PS's are Russian Machines.
I know Audi's break because of crap design, but I don't expect them to fix it out of warranty.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
Would you expect them to stand behind their warranty work? I would.
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium
Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
I wish I could see Gerald's face when he reads this.
Ballmer taking over as Xbox One chief
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bgr.com/2013/07/02/microsoft-ceo-ballmer-xbox-one/">http://bgr.com/2013/07/02/microsoft-ceo ... -xbox-one/</a><!-- m -->
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
Beat comment: Love that image because Balmer is so wearing that behind-the-head headset wrong
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium
Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
Apoc Wrote:I wish I could see Gerald's face when he reads this.
Ballmer taking over as Xbox One chief
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bgr.com/2013/07/02/microsoft-ceo-ballmer-xbox-one/">http://bgr.com/2013/07/02/microsoft-ceo ... -xbox-one/</a><!-- m -->
Sooooooooooooooo...Playstation, Anyone?
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
I'm down to make the switch. My favorite comment of the night from you: "Knowing what you know now, If XBOX was a car would you buy it again?"
Can't say the answer would be yes.
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium
Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
Says the guy who's going to buy the same car, with better specs, two years later. Sounds similar to me.
People like to hate on Ballmer, but consider that Microsoft stock is at a 5 year high. They're doing something right.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
Apoc Wrote:Says the guy who's going to buy the same car, with better specs, two years later. Sounds similar to me.
People like to hate on Ballmer, but consider that Microsoft stock is at a 5 year high. They're doing something right. To be fair, I haven't gone through three identical CTS's in that two year period or had any significant problems with mine other than some TSB related stuff and a dead coil pack
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium
Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
|