Video Games Thread - Gamertags in 1st post
Forza, titanfall, and will prob wait to purchase COD Ghosts for the XB1.
  Reply
Destiny for sure
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium

Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
  Reply
WRXtranceformed Wrote:
Mike Wrote:the comparo has me leaning a little back towards xb1 if anything. the race seems more even presented that way than it did from the announcements.
I'm curious, to you and Chris what are the details on that comparo that are pushing you toward XB1 vs. PS4? XB hardware has always been inferior to PS so that shouldn't be a surprise, but what else on there makes you want to +1 it

the specs are closer than i thought.
the exclusives interest me a lot more.
i'm already in the xb ecosystem.
most of the people i game with are going xb.
i really don't give a shit about drm or rentals.
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
Titanfall looks pretty cool.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944

"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
  Reply
Apoc Wrote:Titanfall looks pretty cool.

I am a little worried about the balance, but yeah, it looks cool as hell. Probably my last XBox360 title.
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
  Reply
CaptainHenreh Wrote:
Apoc Wrote:Titanfall looks pretty cool.

I am a little worried about the balance, but yeah, it looks cool as hell. Probably my last XBox360 title.

Looks like its Xbox one. Am I wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
2004 Honda S2000
2001 F-150 4X4 6" lift on 37" tires
2007 GSX-R 600
2008 SX-R 800

1992 (slammed by PO) 240sx Coupe (SOLD)
1999 BMW POS ///M3(SOLD)
1998 Honda Civic EX beater (SOLD)
  Reply
Sully Wrote:
CaptainHenreh Wrote:
Apoc Wrote:Titanfall looks pretty cool.

I am a little worried about the balance, but yeah, it looks cool as hell. Probably my last XBox360 title.

Looks like its Xbox one. Am I wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
It'll be on both as well as PC.

With balance, CoD isn't balanced either so I wouldn't be worried about that. You've just got to embrace that someone with better weapons is going to kill you and pat yourself on the back when you manage to kill that guy with your inferior weapon loadout.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX

http://www.aclr8.com
  Reply
I love leading the leaderboard with a Remmy 870 and an RPG :lol:
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium

Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
  Reply
WRXtranceformed Wrote:I love leading the leaderboard with a Remmy 870 and an RPG :lol:
We should do challenges on here where we try to see who can get the most kills with a shitty weapon. Like the "MM 9mm Pistol Challenge".
2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX

http://www.aclr8.com
  Reply
Not gonna lie, I'm actually looking forward to XB1 now. Before I was just like "okay, fine."
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944

"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
  Reply
G.Irish Wrote:
JustinG Wrote:If they are cheaper I will buy the download. Otherwise I'm buying the disc so I can recoup some of my cost via trade in.
I would go digital too if they were cheaper. Thus far I haven't seen that though. The Nike Fitness game for 360 is available digitally and on a disc but they cost the same. Only benefit is that you don't have to go to the store or wait for it in the mail.
the price has to do with what you will pay for it, i wouldnt expect lower distribution costs to pass on to the consumer, not to mention im sure there are retail sales contracts that force consistent pricing to prevent gutting retail sales.

personally, i think not having to keep track of discs, no lost discs, no scratched discs, no digging up a disc from a pile and loading/unloading into the machine not to mention the store is plenty of incentive to buy digital.
i cant imagine buying many smartphone apps if i had to go to the store to buy them and insert a memory card every time i wanted to use one.


WRXtranceformed Wrote:A big obstacle I see to downloadable only games is the server overload on release days. Good luck with actually getting that preordered game downloaded when 2.5 million other people are trying to do the same
MS has the best cloud application infrastructure in the world. Im willing to bet they can handle a big game release and then some.
SM #55 | 06 Titan | 12 Focus | 06 Exige | 14 CX-5
  Reply
More fuel for the fire. PS vs XB1 controller:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.psmania.net/2013/06/jeff-cannata-says-the-ps4-controller-is-far-better-than-the-xbox-one-controller/">http://www.psmania.net/2013/06/jeff-can ... ontroller/</a><!-- m -->
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium

Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe
2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks
  Reply
it's a trap.
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
it's a trap.
I Am Mike
4 wheels:  '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant)
2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red)

No longer onyachin.
  Reply
Evan Wrote:
G.Irish Wrote:
JustinG Wrote:If they are cheaper I will buy the download. Otherwise I'm buying the disc so I can recoup some of my cost via trade in.
I would go digital too if they were cheaper. Thus far I haven't seen that though. The Nike Fitness game for 360 is available digitally and on a disc but they cost the same. Only benefit is that you don't have to go to the store or wait for it in the mail.
the price has to do with what you will pay for it, i wouldnt expect lower distribution costs to pass on to the consumer, not to mention im sure there are retail sales contracts that force consistent pricing to prevent gutting retail sales.
Exactly. There were quite a few people saying, "If Microsoft blocks used games, there'll be lower prices." Very unlikely. Nothing is stopping them from lowering prices more aggressively even now.

Quote:personally, i think not having to keep track of discs, no lost discs, no scratched discs, no digging up a disc from a pile and loading/unloading into the machine not to mention the store is plenty of incentive to buy digital.
i cant imagine buying many smartphone apps if i had to go to the store to buy them and insert a memory card every time i wanted to use one.
I don't buy console games often enough for the retail experience to represent a signifcant hassle to me. Smartphone apps are different since I download and install a lot more of those and they're a lot cheaper. I definitely wouldn't leave my house to buy $1-$3 apps very often either.

It would be nice to not have to change game discs but I am not willing to eat a shit sandwich for that pleasure. What Microsoft was selling was a shit sandwich.

I'm sure the day will come where consoles go digital only, I sincerely hope Microsoft and Sony have learned from how poorly the attempt to shift to digital went this time.

Quote:
WRXtranceformed Wrote:A big obstacle I see to downloadable only games is the server overload on release days. Good luck with actually getting that preordered game downloaded when 2.5 million other people are trying to do the same
MS has the best cloud application infrastructure in the world. Im willing to bet they can handle a big game release and then some.
I think Microsoft could handle the load, but with big rollouts there always a high possibility of fuckups, even for Microsoft. I think if they went all digital today you'd see some teething pains and slow downloads on launch day that would gradually get better as they improve at estimating demand.

Anyway, I just preorded an Xbox One over the weekend. Don't know if I'll also get a PS4, but right now it just doesn't have any exclusives I want.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX

http://www.aclr8.com
  Reply
G.Irish Wrote:Anyway, I just preorded an Xbox One over the weekend. Don't know if I'll also get a PS4, but right now it just doesn't have any exclusives I want.


Et tu, brute? Cry
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
  Reply
CaptainHenreh Wrote:
G.Irish Wrote:Anyway, I just preorded an Xbox One over the weekend. Don't know if I'll also get a PS4, but right now it just doesn't have any exclusives I want.


Et tu, brute? Cry
My beef was the DRM and was always the DRM. While some of the indie games going to PS4 intrigue me, none of the other exclusives really make me wanna go PS4. I mean shit, maybe if at least GT6 were a PS4 exclusive.

I am a little bit nervous about some of the rumblings about production issues for the XB1 chipset, and the fact that it has slower RAM, and more RAM eaten up by the OS than the PS4 (3GB to 1GB). I hope I don't get fucked on Xbox hardware again.
2018 Ducati Panigale V4

Past: 2018 Honda Civic Type-R, 2015 Yamaha R1, 2009 BMW M3, 2013 Aprilia RSV4R, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2012 Ducati 1199, 2009 Subaru WRX, 2008 CBR1000RR, 2009 Kawasaki ZX-6R, 2000 Toyota Tundra, 2005 Honda CBR600RR, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1996 Acura Integra GS-R, 1997 Honda Civic EX

http://www.aclr8.com
  Reply
G.Irish Wrote:
CaptainHenreh Wrote:
G.Irish Wrote:Anyway, I just preorded an Xbox One over the weekend. Don't know if I'll also get a PS4, but right now it just doesn't have any exclusives I want.


Et tu, brute? Cry
My beef was the DRM and was always the DRM. While some of the indie games going to PS4 intrigue me, none of the other exclusives really make me wanna go PS4. I mean shit, maybe if at least GT6 were a PS4 exclusive.

I am a little bit nervous about some of the rumblings about production issues for the XB1 chipset, and the fact that it has slower RAM, and more RAM eaten up by the OS than the PS4 (3GB to 1GB). I hope I don't get fucked on Xbox hardware again.


See, that's what I'm trying to avoid. Fool me once, shame on me. Am I gonna spend 600 dollars on a console only to have it fail in 2 years again? And be on the hook again to replace it? My XBox was pristine, never got hot, and took a dump on me at random. (not even a RROD, but a "no video output" a rare-er but still common problem) 100 dollars and 6 weeks to fix, or 249 for a new "basic" xbox. Instead, I'm willing to risk the superior hardware for less money...and neither platform hold any exclusives that I've got a giant raging hardon for...
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
  Reply
To quote someone who looks remarkably similar to you, "If you want to play by yourself, that's your business."
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944

"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
  Reply
Apoc Wrote:To quote someone who looks remarkably similar to you, "If you want to play by yourself, that's your business."

It's true, it's true. I was just looking forward to a console that I wouldn't have to constantly worry was going to turn around and bite me square in the ass.
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
  Reply


Forum Jump: