02-09-2010, 05:16 PM
.RJ Wrote:fiveoh2go Wrote:Sell 'em both and buy a fox body
He wants to go to the tracks that have turns.
| What should I do | |||
| Keep them as is, just keep up on the maintenance. | 0 | ||
| Sell the SHO to finance the current Talon. | 1 | ||
| Sell the SHO and Talon, buy another Talon that is already built. | 0 | ||
| Sell both, buy something else. | 11 | ||
| 12 vote(s) | |||
| * You voted for this item. | [Show Results] |
|
Car ADD - What Should I Do?
|
|
02-09-2010, 05:16 PM
.RJ Wrote:fiveoh2go Wrote:Sell 'em both and buy a fox body
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
.RJ Wrote:He wants to go to the tracks that have turns. i was going to recommend a boosted miata but I'm pretty sure Adam would rather be seen in a mary kay pink cadillac
2010 Civic Si
2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road -------------------------- Past: 03 Xterra SE 4x4 | 05 Impreza 2.5RS | 99.5 A4 Quattro 1.8T | 01 Accord EX | 90 Maxima GXE | 96 Explorer XLT
02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Buy some old early 70s camaro for 4 grand and put 6 grand of motor and suspension in it, and win
2013 Cadillac ATS....¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ::~ :~ :►
2008 Chevy Malibu LT....▄██ ▲ █ █ ██▅▄▃▂ 1986 Monte Carlo SS. ...███▲▲ █ █ ███████ 1999 F250 SuperDuty...███████████████████► 1971 Monte Carlo SC ...◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤
02-09-2010, 05:23 PM
HAULN-SS Wrote:Buy some old early 70s camaro for 4 grand and put 6 grand of motor and suspension in it, and win have fun buying 315 width tires for that
2010 Civic Si
2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road -------------------------- Past: 03 Xterra SE 4x4 | 05 Impreza 2.5RS | 99.5 A4 Quattro 1.8T | 01 Accord EX | 90 Maxima GXE | 96 Explorer XLT
02-09-2010, 06:04 PM
D_Eclipse9916 Wrote:S2000s have huge oiling issues, I researched them thoroughly as it was my first choice, the E36 was the second. 350Z was my third.heard it on the internets it must be true? there are way too many heavily tracked S2000s without any motor issues for me to believe "huge" oiling issues. Consider stupid internet kids doing dumb shit with their cars/engines/tuning and Im just not seeing it. and as far as a fun street car, nothing beats a 2 seater convertible. (RJ is right though, it is a challenge to get a rollbar in an S2000 if you want to keep the soft top. If you ditch the softtop though its no problem) if i didnt already have a silly yellow garage ornament Id be shopping for S2000s myself.
02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
fiveoh2go Wrote:.RJ Wrote:fiveoh2go Wrote:Sell 'em both and buy a fox body actually RJ knows a whole lot about polishing a turd. with lots of polish. lots and lots and lots of polish. turd polishing master. he could teach the class on turd polishing. 400 level.
02-09-2010, 06:12 PM
And even I wouldnt touch a fox body. I'd rather deal with dancing elephants.
02-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I would love to see Adam try and fit into a MR2 or S2K :lol: Though I will say there is a very clean '91 MR2, 70k miles for sale here in H'burg, though its NA/auto - 2500 bucks. Swap it over with overnight parts from Japan and you'd have yourself a fun toy.
Honestly? ![]() If your budget is constrained to the proceeds of selling the 2 cars only, thats out. Maybe you could get away with an earlier FC and a 5.0. Or.... - LS motor F-Body or GTO? I know your style is more comfort and power over handling prowess, and if you're only looking for an occasional HPDE car, who cares? - 1JZ MKIII Poopra. $7-8k will get you in a nice 1J car, or a really nice 7M car with lots left over for mods. I know you kinda liked my old car, I won't pretend that they can out-handle anything without serious coin invested, but they can do just fine. - C5 Corvettes get cheaper every day. Not cheap to track though on consumables, but reliable and proven Random thoughts.
Current: '20 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD | '20 Yamaha R3 | '04 Lexus IS300 SD
Past: '94 Mazda RX-7 | '04 Lexus IS300 (RIP) | '00 Jeep XJ | '99 Mazda 10AE Miata | '88 Toyota Supra Turbo My MM Movies - Watch Them Here
02-09-2010, 10:02 PM
MR2s are quite roomy, much roomier than an FD. Everything is in the back, nothing up front but room for your legs
02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Evan Wrote:MR2s are quite roomy, much roomier than an FC. Everything is in the back, nothing up front but room for your legs I'll admit I've never sat in one, but every one I've poked my head in to, I just don't see how a 6ft4 or so person could fit in one. Then again you fit in an Exige, so maybe I just don't know what the hell is going on anymore. I'll put my one serious vote in on a SN95-up Mustang.
Current: '20 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD | '20 Yamaha R3 | '04 Lexus IS300 SD
Past: '94 Mazda RX-7 | '04 Lexus IS300 (RIP) | '00 Jeep XJ | '99 Mazda 10AE Miata | '88 Toyota Supra Turbo My MM Movies - Watch Them Here
02-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Goodspeed Wrote:I'll put my one serious vote in on a SN95-up Mustang. Not really any better than a fox body for any sort of track use. In stock form they are downright scary on track.
02-10-2010, 12:02 AM
.RJ Wrote:Goodspeed Wrote:I'll put my one serious vote in on a SN95-up Mustang. Not the reason I mentioned it...they're cheap enough that (IMO) I'd get one over a fox body for the (IMO) much nicer aesthetics in and out. And I doubt Adam would track a bone-stock 'stang, at least for very long. '97 Cobra, 4v V8 305hp + Maximum Motorsports Road and Track Suspension Package for ~10k.
Current: '20 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD | '20 Yamaha R3 | '04 Lexus IS300 SD
Past: '94 Mazda RX-7 | '04 Lexus IS300 (RIP) | '00 Jeep XJ | '99 Mazda 10AE Miata | '88 Toyota Supra Turbo My MM Movies - Watch Them Here
02-10-2010, 01:19 AM
i've been in an MR2 turbo and i'll second the room. very decieving, the footwell just goes on forever. the car i rode in was at around 300whp and was a total kick in the ass.
2010 Civic Si
2019 4Runner TRD Off-Road -------------------------- Past: 03 Xterra SE 4x4 | 05 Impreza 2.5RS | 99.5 A4 Quattro 1.8T | 01 Accord EX | 90 Maxima GXE | 96 Explorer XLT
02-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Hmmm...Something in the 250hp range, maybe something with a lot of torque (300+) that feels faster, already has capable suspension, readily available cheap parts, supported aftermarket should you desire more HP/braking/suspension performance, reliable if you don't eff it up yourself, RWD, relatively light, cheap entry point...
I am not familiar with any car that fits this description. But if I was, I would make sure to look for a model year 89+ with either FX3 or Z51 suspension option and J55 brakes. (or if it didn't have J55 drive it as is and upgrade to brakes from a newer generation of this mythical car for dirt cheap and have rotors that cost $28 at NAPA) If this car were to exist, I am not sure how well it would fit a 6ft 4" driver with a helmet on. A test fit (virtual of course) would be necessary with possibly several inches of clearance to gain from the installation of a track seat. This car would likely be subject to a relatively harsh ride compared to what you're used to and likely have a few interior rattles and squeaks. Also, it is getting old and things like suspension bushings, although cheapish, would need to be looked at. Couldn't hurt to do a test drive...
Current: 1985 LS1 Corvette | 2014 328i Wagon F31
Former: 2010 Ford Edge | 1999 Integra GS I have a little bit of a rub near lock but if you are turned to lock on a track there are other problems already...
02-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Couldnt hurt to take a look at everything, youd be surprised what you like.
PS- I hated bmws before I drove an m3 spirited. I still hate my m3 around town, which is why I have the lexus, but in the corners it does something magical. Around town, I hate it, hate hate hate hate hate. I dont know why people liked the E36 manual around town for regular DDs.
2020 Ford Raptor
2009 Z06 1986.5 Porsche 928S
02-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Steve85 Wrote:Hmmm...Something in the 250hp range, maybe something with a lot of torque (300+) that feels faster, already has capable suspension, readily available cheap parts, supported aftermarket should you desire more HP/braking/suspension performance, reliable if you don't eff it up yourself, RWD, relatively light, cheap entry point...
02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
MKIII Supra - :twisted: - I did love your car Goodspeed, I would have bought it if I didn't have 2 projects. How much does a well done (good paint, tasteful mods) MKIII run for these days?
C4 - Also a great idea, right along the lines of what I was considering if I sell both. S2000 - not really what I am into (I cant fit in one anyways) MR2 - I love a car that is hard to work on, but not really my style, a little more than I want to put up with on track (Andy seemed to spend a lot of time backwards in his) and overpriced for what you get IMO.
Why do people just post what they are thinking? Without thinking.
2012 Ford Mustang 1995 BMW 540i/A 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
02-10-2010, 05:55 PM
MK3 is not a good idea.
Sounds like a C4 might be perfect for you. Shit C5s are probably cheap enough now and much better cars in every way...
I Am Mike
4 wheels: '01 RAV4 (Formerly '93 Civic CX, '01 S2000, '10 GTI, '09 A4 Avant) 2 wheels: '12 Surly Cross-Check Custom | '14 Trek Madone 2.1 105 | '17 Norco Threshold SL Force 1 | '17 Norco Revolver 9.2 FS | '18 BMC Roadmachine 02 Two | '19 Norco Search XR Steel (Formerly '97 Honda VFR750F, '05 Giant TCR 2, '15 WeThePeople Atlas 24, '10 Scott Scale 29er XT, '11 Cervelo R3 Rival, '12 Ridley X-Fire Red) No longer onyachin.
02-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Mike Wrote:MK3 is not a good idea. Agreed, the the additional maintenance likely with a C4 would be a wash with extra consumables from another 100hp...the only real difference is the cost of entry (aka - what you have to lose) but there is certainly a great deal of value in that extra up front cost. Adam, if you don't, I might: 2000 FRC, 70K, $13.5K http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-corve...s-dfw.html
Current: 1985 LS1 Corvette | 2014 328i Wagon F31
Former: 2010 Ford Edge | 1999 Integra GS I have a little bit of a rub near lock but if you are turned to lock on a track there are other problems already...
02-10-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm going to toss my coins in on the C5 too if you want to pony up and spend a few extra k. Only because I'm most definitely a Corvette lover and hopefully one will be my next project car too
TONS of potential, maybe a little costly to track but would be a platform that would be REALLY hard to outgrow and fall out of love with.
Posting in the banalist of threads since 2004
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium Past: 2016 GMC Canyon All Terrain Crew Cab / 2010 Jaguar XFR / 2012 Acura RDX AWD Tech / 2008 Cadillac CTS / 2007 Acura TL-S / 1966 5.0 HO Mustang Coupe 2001 Lexus IS300 / 2004 2.8L big turbo WRX STI / 2004 Subaru WRX / A couple of old trucks |