09-06-2006, 09:16 AM
I think that actually helps my argument. I said I can get downtown in 30 minutes, 45 minutes if there's traffic, leaving a little before 5. 15 minutes to EFC Metro (see below) and another 30 after that? Where's the problem?
It took me 13 minutes to get from my house to the Beltway at 5:45pm yesterday. Assuming the same about an hour earlier are you really telling me that doing 15 mph for the last 8 (?) miles isn't possible? I was actually in Rockville by 6:30 (45 minutes) despite planning it taking over an hour. Getting into DC isn't nearly as bad as the American Legion bridge.
Ultimately it doesn't matter 'cause I know how long it takes me... and I can definitely make it downtown for a Nationals game, which was your original argument against. Besides, living out here has nothing to do with making it downtown after work... working here does... and you work like 10 minutes away from me.
It took me 13 minutes to get from my house to the Beltway at 5:45pm yesterday. Assuming the same about an hour earlier are you really telling me that doing 15 mph for the last 8 (?) miles isn't possible? I was actually in Rockville by 6:30 (45 minutes) despite planning it taking over an hour. Getting into DC isn't nearly as bad as the American Legion bridge.
Ultimately it doesn't matter 'cause I know how long it takes me... and I can definitely make it downtown for a Nationals game, which was your original argument against. Besides, living out here has nothing to do with making it downtown after work... working here does... and you work like 10 minutes away from me.
'76 911S | '14 328xi | '17 GTI | In memoriam: '08 848, '85 944
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
"Here, at last, is the cure for texting while driving. The millions of deaths which occur every year due to the iPhone’s ability to stream the Kim K/Ray-J video in 4G could all be avoided, every last one of them, if the government issued everyone a Seventies 911 and made sure they always left the house five minutes later than they’d wanted to. It would help if it could be made to rain as well. Full attention on the road. Guaranteed." -Jack Baruth
