The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Tales from the Stealership
#35
I agree with G. Irish, dealerships are out for the most money. Although the 100k mile looks like a huge tactic, think of all the money they make by having you constantly come in to tune-up your car?

The money they make tuning up a car FAR exceeds doinbg a little marketing gimmick of 100k miles. Most people dont even realize that they are allowed to do that with Hondas. Take my sister or mother for example, typically consumer, beleives the old saying 3,000 miles for oil changes, when her manual clearly states every 7500. People arent paying attention to things like that.

Also having timing belts and engines having problems before their tune-ups in the manual would be a catastrophy for Honda. I beleive the only reason people would buy a honda, and if I were to get one would be for the reliability. Typically their way down on power, a little pricy and parts compared to american cars are astronomical. (For example, check out o2 sensors, see which ones are pretty mucht the most expensive, honda civics...)

Honestly, it sounds like I am bashing hondas, but I do have to make this one statement. A LOT OF HONDAS dont make any power or torque which makes it much easier on the engine compared to other car companies.

A testament to honda is tons of my friend's old civics, accords and all the others lasting 250k+ with regular maintenace. They just done die.
2020 Ford Raptor
2009 Z06
1986.5 Porsche 928S
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: