03-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks gents - I just got back from the store. Picked up the PS2, GT4, a 16mb memory card, component video cables, and a Logitech wireless controller. Spent a grand total of about $50 of my money in addition to all the gift cards/etc, so life is good 8)
Good call on the optical cable Evan - I've actually got an extra at home that I'll use.
The lady at checkout said something about a "trade-up" plan - if you buy the Bestbuy protection plan then in a year when the PS3 comes out you can trade your old PS2 and get some kind of credit towards the new machine. It sounded like a dirty trick to me - and anyways my automatic service plan rejection program kicked in - so I said "hell no". Has anyone else heard of such a thing? I've got like 30 days to change my mind on that - but I've gotta believe that theres a horrible catch - I've never known Bestbuy to actually do something that would *save* customers any money.
Good call on the optical cable Evan - I've actually got an extra at home that I'll use.
The lady at checkout said something about a "trade-up" plan - if you buy the Bestbuy protection plan then in a year when the PS3 comes out you can trade your old PS2 and get some kind of credit towards the new machine. It sounded like a dirty trick to me - and anyways my automatic service plan rejection program kicked in - so I said "hell no". Has anyone else heard of such a thing? I've got like 30 days to change my mind on that - but I've gotta believe that theres a horrible catch - I've never known Bestbuy to actually do something that would *save* customers any money.
My two feet.

