03-14-2005, 01:31 AM
G.Irish Wrote:Feersty Wrote:It's a chickadee Porsche, sorry.
I'm sorry but I am sick of hearing people bag on the Boxster just because Tony Soprano said "Its a Porsche with panties". If you're gonna criticize the car, criticize it on facts not some stupid brand snobbery.
For me the only things I have against the regular Boxster are:
A. Difficult to work on
B. Gets its ass kicked by the S2000 for less $$$
But it still is a fine automobile and I couldn't really criticize anyone for buying one if that's their thing. Flexible powerband, good brakes, balanced handling. Not a land missile or razor-sharp katana but definitely a proper sporting ride.
But anyway, as Chan said, I'd go for one of the M3's. The E30 of course having more character and heritage than any of the other cars being considered except for the 911. And I'd be one to take it to the track and I'd hate to have to go through all the roll bar nonsense with the Boxster.
thanks G! finally a reasonable response to this car.
1996 BMW 328is white │ 89 BMW 325i track car │84 BMW 325e for sale!│Past: 94 Honda Del Sol S, 2003 Toyota 4Runner V8 Limited, 1996 BMW 328i
e30/e36 parts for sale... PM me
e30/e36 parts for sale... PM me

