The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Air Filters
#13
mongooze Wrote:
jackstands Wrote:save your money, get oem and save for the JWT PopCharger kit. A kid that use to go to JMU said that his stillen exhaust and JWT PopChargers with ECU added 90+ whp. this was from him though, can't verify the claims.

Ummm, no to the Pop Charger. I'm interested in staying as close to stock as possible at the moment, with the only exception being modifications for reliability or replacement of broken stock parts. The car is plenty fast as it is - the drivers (Jess and I) need to learn how to manage that before making it even faster. But we digress - more about air filters!

After looking at the intake tract in the nose of the Z - I bought a JWT POP Charger. For unrelated reasons, I took the air box out and then saw how the intake actually works. It sucks ass and I can't think of a good reason to do it the way that Nissan did. The intake actually draws air from both fenderwells, collects it right under the nose panel, sends it through the MAF sensor, then splits it again to go to the turbos. Re - tarded. For those that don't know - the POP Charger (and i have no idea what POP means) is just a bracket and a big-ass cone filter that sits just below the MAF box. Much simpler, and good for a few horses I'm sure.

Of course, with this mod, and ripping out the emissions crap - I'll need a different ECU program. And that'll probably turn up the boost a bit. 400 horsepower, here we come :roll:
My two feet.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: