The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




The official tablet (and other useless electronics) thread!
Yes I'm "financing" the phone. It's worth noting that when you do a traditional 2-year contract and pay $200 for an iPhone, the other $400 of the retail cost is hidden in your monthly fee, so with the new plan structuring they're just being a little more honest about it. You can make a down payment to reduce the monthly charge for the phone, or you can just buy the phone and pay for the data, but the financing is 0% so it just comes down to how and when you want to pay for it.

This particular phone cost $552, less the $200 discount for being a Fios customer, plus $100 on a gift card back from LG, so my net cost for the device is $252. Then I also got the $300 in account credit for switching back from AT&T.

Right now I'm on the 6GB plan because I thought I was going to add Lauren and my Mom, but Lauren is grandfathered in to unlimited data so I'll probably drop down to the 3GB plan for just Mom and I. It'll shake out to be $65/mo for 3GB, unlimited calling and texting with 2 lines, plus ~$15 for my phone (Mom is keeping her old device).

So I went to the store over lunch, they can't order the leather backs for the G4 at all, and Verizon is completely out of stock of all the Moto360s with leather bands and the black face metal band ones. However, there was a promo on the LG Urbane watch if you bought the G4 at the same time so they did some trickery to make that work since I just bought the phone last night, and they knocked another $50 off because I looked sad. After burning $200 of the account credit (the other $100 is applied after the return period for the phone is up), I got a $349 smart watch for $36 out of pocket. Not bad.
Now: 07 Porsche Cayman S | 18 VW Tiguan

Then: 18 VW GTI Autobahn | 95 BMW M3 | 15 VW GTI SE | 12 Kia Optima SX | 2009 VW GTI | 00 BMW 540i Sport | 90 Mazda Miata | 94 Yamaha FZR600R | 1993 Suzuki GS500E | 2003 BMW 325i | 95 Saab 900S




  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: