01-03-2015, 12:22 AM
I just picked up one of those Vizio sound bars, 42 in 5.1 version.
It's replacing the Polk 40 monitor setup that Adam mentioned, fronts, matching center, powered sub and rears with Onkyo receiver. The sound bar is of course, not as good, but that setup is definitely more than $200.
Made the switch mostly because we moved our main TV area from one of the biggest (and coldest) rooms in the house to one of the smallest (and warmest, + fireplace) rooms and that setup was overkill and bulky. The TV is several years old and the speakers suck, they were never a good option.
Easy setup, very good sound for typical evening chill watching. Going to try out the BT phone connectivity tomorrow which is a nice bonus the old setup didn't have.
My only issue - surround wires are not long enough for me. I need to cross the room entrance for the right rear speaker and planned to hide the wire under a tile to hard wood transition molding but it's about 2-3 ft short. I'll see if I can find some sort of extension or longer wire with the coax ends.
I wouldn't buy it for a "home theater" but it's perfect as a good sounding system with a small footprint.
It's replacing the Polk 40 monitor setup that Adam mentioned, fronts, matching center, powered sub and rears with Onkyo receiver. The sound bar is of course, not as good, but that setup is definitely more than $200.
Made the switch mostly because we moved our main TV area from one of the biggest (and coldest) rooms in the house to one of the smallest (and warmest, + fireplace) rooms and that setup was overkill and bulky. The TV is several years old and the speakers suck, they were never a good option.
Easy setup, very good sound for typical evening chill watching. Going to try out the BT phone connectivity tomorrow which is a nice bonus the old setup didn't have.
My only issue - surround wires are not long enough for me. I need to cross the room entrance for the right rear speaker and planned to hide the wire under a tile to hard wood transition molding but it's about 2-3 ft short. I'll see if I can find some sort of extension or longer wire with the coax ends.
I wouldn't buy it for a "home theater" but it's perfect as a good sounding system with a small footprint.
Current: 1985 LS1 Corvette | 2014 328i Wagon F31
Former: 2010 Ford Edge | 1999 Integra GS
I have a little bit of a rub near lock but if you are turned to lock on a track there are other problems already...
Former: 2010 Ford Edge | 1999 Integra GS
I have a little bit of a rub near lock but if you are turned to lock on a track there are other problems already...
