The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Do you jump red lights?
Never
50.00%
5
Some of the time
20.00%
2
All the time
30.00%
3
10 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Jumping red lights on a bicycle
#39
I've never really understood why bicycles are treated as cars. It's just unrealistic. They can't keep up at ALL, and of course sharing the road is going to be a problem when you have such a disparity in speed like that. Just let 'em ride on the sidewalks, grass, make bike lanes for them, whatever, give them as much incentive to ride as possible. If it's a big congested city, sure, ride on the road, I don't care when we're all going 10mph, but otherwise I think sharing the road is a dangerous pipe dream. I mean, damn, motorcycles are dangerous enough. I don't have the balls to ride a bicycle around anything but a neighborhood or bike path/sidewalk.
I can't imagine being pissed off at a bike running a red light any more than I would be a mexican running across a four lane road. Scared for his life, sure, but not angry. Godspeed, I hope you make it!
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a van is a good guy with a van
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: