01-15-2010, 06:04 PM
That hipster deserved it.
I run em. Mostly to keep momentum. I primary do urban/city riding, so the intersections I encounter are almost always short and easy to cross. In addition to keeping momentum, I like having the road beyond the red light to myself for the most part since most of the cars are stopped at the red I just went through.
Regardless of what anyone says it is certainly more dangerous to run lights. Without scrolling, I believe you said you were not worried about the legal consequences. Despite that, I have heard stories of people getting tickets for running reds.
I don't care about the public perception of cyclists. Next time tell that cyclist to suck it and throw a stick in his spokes.
I run em. Mostly to keep momentum. I primary do urban/city riding, so the intersections I encounter are almost always short and easy to cross. In addition to keeping momentum, I like having the road beyond the red light to myself for the most part since most of the cars are stopped at the red I just went through.
Regardless of what anyone says it is certainly more dangerous to run lights. Without scrolling, I believe you said you were not worried about the legal consequences. Despite that, I have heard stories of people getting tickets for running reds.
I don't care about the public perception of cyclists. Next time tell that cyclist to suck it and throw a stick in his spokes.
