The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Do you jump red lights?
Never
50.00%
5
Some of the time
20.00%
2
All the time
30.00%
3
10 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Jumping red lights on a bicycle
#10
I'm going to play the devil's advocate a little here.

Something that's been repeated a couple of times, "I'm taking the risk, I know what I'm doing, it's nobody's responsibility but my own." That's all true, but what about the poor fucker that hits you, or worse yet, the poor fucker who tries to NOT hit you, and ends up hurting someone else? By this same logic, there's no harm in doing 120mph down an empty stretch of road, right? After all, I'm taking the risk, I know what I'm doing, it's nobody's responsibility but my own.

What you're really saying is that the rules don't apply to you because you're not driving a car (which is a typical bicyclists attitude, from my purely unscientific experience).

If you want laws changed there's a method for changing them. That method is not "ignoring the ones you don't like because they inconvenience you." I may not LIKE having to "convert to open carry" when I go into a restaurant that serves alcohol and I may think it's an idiotic rule but I follow it and work toward it being changed. Why should bicycling be any different?
1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: