The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1669 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1669 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 915 buildtree




Thinking about buying a newish car
Almost a year later... thought about something smaller, like a Mazdaspeed 3 or WRX, but I like having a truck and it makes going to the track with the bike easy.

I drove some stuff today. First off, going to Carmax was a mistake - the experience was miserable. The sales guy was really pushy, kept wanting to "run the numbers" after I told him I would not be financing with them and tried to corner me into only driving one car, and he smelled awful.

What I didnt like - '06 Tacoma and 4Runner. Both felt very cramped inside, very cheap and did not drive as well as I thought they should. The backseat of both of them was far too small for a bicycle, and the Tacoma bed was very narrow. The Ford escape I rented last fall in Denver was much nicer and roomier than the 4Runner was. In a word, rubbish. Both of them.

What I liked - '06 F150 Lariat and Honda Ridgline. The F150 was very, very nice inside (although a little plain) and also pretty big - it was the 4 door cab with a regular (6') bed. It drove well, like my old truck only better. The Ridgline was also really sharp - the ride/comfort was better than anything else and had plenty of room inside and in the bed. The honda dealer had a couple of leftover '08 Ridgelines too, I could get one for $7-8k off of MSRP ($33k) if I want to go new.
  Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump: