11-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Holy crap; I knew JMU was going down the toilet, but I didn't realize that it was already in the sewer...
For you guys that are looking for a place to live still, I can highly recommend The Greens, over on 33, just past the Nissan dealership. The rent might be a little high, but the facilities were fantastic, great maintenance and condition of properties and overall a fantastic place to live. It is a little far from campus though, and I'm not sure that the transit system reaches that far.
FWIW, at one point I had 4 or 5 cars in one parking lot that I owned, + Lindsey's Escort, and I also worked on my cars in the parking lot, and not once did I ever catch any greif from management about it. There was also a hose closeby for washing your car, a year-round hot tub, and a pool, and it always felt safe. The ONLY thing that I didn't like was the apartment complex right across the street seemed a little ghetto, so I was always a little leery of that.
For you guys that are looking for a place to live still, I can highly recommend The Greens, over on 33, just past the Nissan dealership. The rent might be a little high, but the facilities were fantastic, great maintenance and condition of properties and overall a fantastic place to live. It is a little far from campus though, and I'm not sure that the transit system reaches that far.
FWIW, at one point I had 4 or 5 cars in one parking lot that I owned, + Lindsey's Escort, and I also worked on my cars in the parking lot, and not once did I ever catch any greif from management about it. There was also a hose closeby for washing your car, a year-round hot tub, and a pool, and it always felt safe. The ONLY thing that I didn't like was the apartment complex right across the street seemed a little ghetto, so I was always a little leery of that.
