10-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Roxtar Wrote:the "tight" course i'm referencing would be one with a lot of really sharp hairpins and other low-speed turns followed by straights.heh.
it really sounds like you think that the z06 is a tailhappy pig that cant put down any power except in a straight line.
it isnt.
at vir, oaktree onto the back straight (scenario like you describe)
the zo6 can carry good speed through and can get on the power hard even before apex even with the stock tires. I was pretty damn surprised. But here I am talking about experience instead of magazine articles again.
an awd car doesnt have the advantages you think it does on a tight course because the laws of physics regarding weight transfer and momentum apply to it too (although maybe not as much since its JDM?)
slow in, fast out = slow
fast in, faster out = fast
you should come out and do a HPDE or track day sometime, I think you would learn a lot about this stuff and have a blast.
