Madison Motorsports
BRR Autocross in Verona this Sunday - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Events (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: BRR Autocross in Verona this Sunday (/showthread.php?tid=4559)



BRR Autocross in Verona this Sunday - rschumin - 08-01-2006

Due to construction on the lot, the BRR Autocross originally scheduled for Radford will be held at the Augusta County Government Center in Verona.

Online registration is here

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=5650

There will be onsite registration as well on Sunday.

I hope some of you MM'ers can make it


- D_Eclipse9916 - 08-01-2006

ack im a sucker, ill probably go.


- HAULN-SS - 08-01-2006

hrmm..maybe I should try to make it


- D_Eclipse9916 - 08-01-2006

Signed up along with another white gs-t


- bassmangrammy - 08-02-2006

I'll be at the lake house... sorry. Advanced notice next time... when is the next one?


- .RJ - 08-02-2006

bassmangrammy Wrote:Advanced notice next time...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.brr-scca.org/">http://www.brr-scca.org/</a><!-- m -->

The schedule has been up all year......


- bassmangrammy - 08-02-2006

Thanks. How about we shoot for this one too: Sep 10, Augusta County Govt Center, Verona VA.


- HAULN-SS - 08-05-2006

So, You're going for sure right DJ? I may try to go, think this is a good one for a first timer?


- Feersty - 08-05-2006

HAULN-SS Wrote:So, You're going for sure right DJ? I may try to go, think this is a good one for a first timer?

yeah it is. I did my first and only run in my Buick there. Fun to get the initial feel of the car.


- ScottyB - 08-05-2006

HAULN-SS Wrote:So, You're going for sure right DJ? I may try to go, think this is a good one for a first timer?

verona is nice because it's a smaller venue. you might max out at 50, at best. there's usually a good amount of space for runoff too.


- HAULN-SS - 08-05-2006

Any other tips then? Do you look like a total douche if you take out a cone or something?


- ScottyB - 08-05-2006

HAULN-SS Wrote:Do you look like a total douche if you take out a cone or something?

haha no way. you'll see rubber all over the cones, people hit them because its a competition and people push it. i've never not hit a cone at an auto-x if it makes you feel any better. this is a rare chance to test your car in an open, safe environment so you should take advantage of it. it's a blast, once you do it you'll come away with a new perspective on your car and yourself.

you'll know a douche or "that guy" when you see one. they're at every autocross. usually the ones that are elitist snobs that won't talk to you or guys that are waaaay out of control and driving past their ability.


- HAULN-SS - 08-05-2006

Cool. I always try to avoid being "that guy."...that guy usually ends up fucking something up, seems like. I'm not into things like throwing away money..well, unless it's for new goodies for my car....not stock replacement stuff.


- JustinG - 08-06-2006

awesome time, ill try and get a lil video posted up tonight, blair and DJ did pretty well.


- HAULN-SS - 08-06-2006

hangovereddddd


brr autocross picture - rschumin - 08-07-2006

Pictures from the BRR autocross are here

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2103347130