Madison Motorsports
1991 Toyota MR2 turbo - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: 1991 Toyota MR2 turbo (/showthread.php?tid=275)



1991 Toyota MR2 turbo - Feersty - 03-24-2004

I was just cruising ebay, and found this beautiful MR2, but was shocked Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: when I saw the price quote. With options these things went for $32,399.00??? If you scroll down on the link you'll be able to see it. No wonder they are still pretty pricey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2468350482&category=15289


- .RJ - 03-24-2004

Yes they were that much new, and a very nice condition 95 Turbo will still fetch $10K+ or more.

The seller will never get $9K for a 91 though.


- Dave - 03-25-2004

mmmm, b00st.
I've convinced my roomate that he needs an MR2-T as well. Now I just need to find a good one and show him a way to finance it.


- Maengelito - 03-25-2004

Dave Wrote:show him a way to finance it.

[tyrone biggums] its called crack... its great! and the best part about it is that its so easy to make.... you just take cocaine, some baking soda... and i think i tasted some egg and some cinnamon... [/tyrone biggums]


- Hunter - 03-25-2004

Hey, thats my old car!

I miss you baby, you wanna take a roll in the hay?

*that was between me and the car, no one else saw that*

I sold mine like 2 1/2 years ago and I got $8500 for it, and it had more miles than that one, he could get what he wants.


- Evan - 03-25-2004

I had a student at VIR in one. Very nice car. It pulls nicely but not as hard as my wrx and more lag. Its a little heavier than it should be, and it feels it but it still handles really well. And it has the MR tendency to punish you severely for any slight mistake


- Chris - 03-25-2004

Evan Wrote:And it has the MR tendency to punish you severely for any slight mistake

Yes indeed, HuntOr can attest to that. I wouldn't recommend one for anyone's first car, unless you know how to handle rear wheel drive!


- Feersty - 03-25-2004

I love those pictures, really lets you see the finer points of the car.


- Feersty - 03-25-2004

Evan Wrote:It pulls nicely but not as hard as my wrx and more lag. Its a little heavier than it should be, and it feels it but it still handles really well.

So you're saying they are prone to accidents if you aren't careful with them? How much do they weigh?


- Mike - 03-25-2004

I think they weigh 2800-2900. And yes, they are very fussy/unforgiving cars when driven at the limit, as most MR cars are. You make a slight mistake and you could be going spinny.


- Dave - 03-25-2004

MichaelJComputer Wrote:You make a slight mistake and you could be going spinny.

That can happen in FR too, if you make a really stupid mistake. D'oh


- BLINGMW - 03-25-2004

BAH. Mid-engine cars are incredible. I don't think I ever spun my Fiero. You just can't ham-fist it or trail brake like you can in an FF. I think someday I'd like to get an MR-Spyder for the track (assuming I can't afford an elise). Although I think they have struts all around, and I'm not too keen on that. For anyone who hasn't driven a mid-engine car, go hang out with an MR2 guy at your next autocross and see if he'll swap cars for a fun run. 8)

MR > FR > AWD > FF


- Evan - 03-25-2004

The Fiero didnt have enough power to get into trouble! Wink


- BLINGMW - 03-26-2004

:bow:

:roll:


- JackoliciousLegs - 03-26-2004

i once saw a video of you at the jmu autox spinning... errrr... maybe i shouldn't have brought that up Smile


- .RJ - 03-26-2004

JackoliciousLegs Wrote:i once saw a video of you at the jmu autox spinning...

Yeah, that was gerald Big Grin


- Chris - 03-26-2004

Oh mid engine cars are incredible! I was just referring to those model MR2's