The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage



Madison Motorsports
What do you do at work... - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: What do you do at work... (/showthread.php?tid=2663)

Pages: 1 2


What do you do at work... - JackoliciousLegs - 08-22-2005

What do you do at work when you're bored?


Re: What do you do at work... - Sijray21 - 08-22-2005

JackoliciousLegs Wrote:What do you do at work when you're bored?

This is a great site!

the first week / week and a half was kinda slow. It's starting to pick up though. I hate the "rookie" initial phase.

bored at work? Wink


- Mike - 08-22-2005

mm forum
s2ki forum
ht forum
wow forum
myspace
gaming forum
read magazines
slashdot
somethingawful
ebaumsworld
read books
xgenstudios games
games on linux box


- .RJ - 08-22-2005

What to do when you're quitting your job.......

Smile


- G.Irish - 08-22-2005

mm forum
vtec.net
ht forum (road racing, motorcycles, integra type-r)
speedtv forum (motorcycles, sports cars)
crash.net
superbikeplanet.com
slashdot

I read my magazines or books at lunch time. Reading the book about Prodrive (mostly about David Richards) right now.


- BLINGMW - 08-22-2005

man. I would fire all you guys :lol:

I probably kill about 30 min of paid time a day. Sometimes I check this forum, Bimmerforums and E30Tech. Sometimes I goto the bathroom.


- Evan - 08-22-2005

holy shit you guys are slackers


- Mike - 08-22-2005

for the past 3 months i've killed 6-8 hours a day.


- JackoliciousLegs - 08-22-2005

I have no project. I can't even train for a project online... give me a break.


- Mike - 08-22-2005

i'm home, bitches! friday i didn't even go in!


- G.Irish - 08-22-2005

Evan Wrote:holy shit you guys are slackers

Eh, I catch up on news and such for the first 15 minutes when I get in right before my morning line of coke.


- .RJ - 08-22-2005

I prefer meth in my coffee... to each his own


- Mike - 08-22-2005

meth in coffee? try it in red bull! WINGS!@


- JackoliciousLegs - 08-22-2005

Mike Wrote:meth in coffee? try it in red bull! WINGS!@
LOL
[Image: Tyrone_Biggums.jpg]


- ScottyB - 08-22-2005

i'm in the ignorant rookie stage right now, so when i'm waiting around for a project i check out....

mm
audizine
vwvortex
ht
foxnews

i've also started drinking coffee at work like a fiend


- G.Irish - 08-22-2005

ScottyB Wrote:i'm in the ignorant rookie stage right now, so when i'm waiting around for a project i check out....

That is something that I find patently stupid about most companies (mine included). When new people come on there is rarely a plan on how to get them up to speed and productive starting on day one. Its, "Well read a little bit of this, talk to so and so, listen in on the meeting..." What a waste of time it is to not have a process for getting new people acclimated.


- Evan - 08-22-2005

yeah, thats a weakness with every company Ive been with.
Feel lucky if you get to do nothing for a couple weeks though, I got baptism by fire. Straight into a 60-80hr per week project using tech I didnt know


- Maengelito - 08-22-2005

cnn, fox news, read terrorism reports cuz they're pretty funny sometimes


- ScottyB - 08-22-2005

Evan Wrote:yeah, thats a weakness with every company Ive been with.
Feel lucky if you get to do nothing for a couple weeks though, I got baptism by fire. Straight into a 60-80hr per week project using tech I didnt know

i'm with you and G, definitely. although i've been thrown in the deep end on a few oddball jobs my superiors basically wait for a job to come around that "suits" the stage of experience i'm at. granted, i don't sit around with a thumb up my ass all day (i try to memorize protocols, inventory, clients and their orders, etc) but there is only so much i can do for 8 hours.

i had an internship last year that had an outstanding regimen for acclimating noobs, but that was the result of a massive renovation of their intern program by an experienced team of designers. my situation is with a much smaller company that has priorities elsewhere i guess.


- bimmerboodle - 08-22-2005

BLINGMW Wrote:man. I would fire all you guys :lol:

I probably kill about 30 min of paid time a day. Sometimes I check this forum, Bimmerforums and E30Tech. Sometimes I goto the bathroom.

That right there costs beaucoup in lost productivity! Big Grin