The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage



Madison Motorsports
Your morning commute~ - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Your morning commute~ (/showthread.php?tid=5244)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9


- John - 11-04-2007

Shit, for me to save 20% on a 500K property - so 100K. How many people can say they can comfortably set aside $1K / month in the DC area for savings (exclusive to your retirement savings)? It can be done, but it's pretty tough. That being said, it would take 8 years to do so...


- WRXtranceformed - 11-04-2007

I wish I had 100k to put down on my house Sad My mortgage payment would be like $500 a month :lol:


- .RJ - 11-04-2007

John Wrote:How many people can say they can comfortably set aside $1K / month in the DC area for savings

People that live in their parents basement.


- Apoc - 11-04-2007

Yes! We saved money by living in my parents' basement but we were making $66k combined then and rent payments were the same as our mortgage. Looking back, had rent not been as expensive as a mortgage we wouldn't have bought.


- WRXtranceformed - 04-22-2008

I wish I could change my vote on this, I'm now about 3 miles from work Tongue How's traffic up in NoVA fuckers?!? :lol:


- .RJ - 04-22-2008

WRXtranceformed Wrote:How's traffic up in NoVA fuckers?!? :lol:

7 miles each way, 2 or 3 stoplights Wink Its tough...


- Apoc - 04-22-2008

.RJ Wrote:
WRXtranceformed Wrote:How's traffic up in NoVA fuckers?!? :lol:

7 miles each way, 2 or 3 stoplights Wink Its tough...

4 miles each way, 3 stoplights.... it's uber-tough


- Mike - 04-22-2008

WRXtranceformed Wrote:How's traffic up in NoVA fuckers?!? :lol:

I took my time today. Normally about 6 minutes, but I didn't feel like pushing it as the weather was beautiful... so 9. That even includes time to wipe the mud off the seat from my ride the other day.

Oh... in the car? 3 minutes, tops.


- Evan - 04-22-2008

35 minutes (I went in late, its usually 45 min). And I get reimbursed $25/day for my commute. And I dont have to live in SC Wink


- WRXtranceformed - 04-22-2008

Evan Wrote:35 minutes. And I get reimbursed $25/day for my commute. And I dont have to live in SC Wink

Neither do I, I'm in the nicest part of Charlotte Tongue


- HAULN-SS - 04-22-2008

Evan Wrote:35 minutes. And I get reimbursed $25/day for my commute. And I dont have to live in SC Wink

fuckin' aye..sign me up for that reimbursement deal


- Evan - 04-22-2008

if I lived where you lived derek, Id get $85 a day!


- Evan - 04-22-2008

WRXtranceformed Wrote:
Evan Wrote:35 minutes. And I get reimbursed $25/day for my commute. And I dont have to live in SC Wink

Neither do I, I'm in the nicest part of Charlotte Tongue
as if there is a difference! :wink:


- HAULN-SS - 04-22-2008

Evan Wrote:if I lived where you lived derek, Id get $85 a day!

yeah, i'm still waiting to find out where you work, haha. Would I have to take an equivalent salary reduction to get that deal? Big Grin


- Apoc - 04-22-2008

Evan rides around in black helicopters killing baby seals and cutting down the rain forest.


- HAULN-SS - 04-22-2008

Apoc Wrote:Evan rides around in black helicopters killing baby seals and cutting down the rain forest.

my kinda gig.


- .RJ - 04-22-2008

Apoc Wrote:Evan rides around in black helicopters killing baby seals and cutting down the rain forest.

You forgot the tin foil hat


- Evan - 04-22-2008

Apoc Wrote:Evan rides around in black helicopters killing baby seals ,cutting down the rain forest, and running over innocent road cyclists



- Evan - 04-22-2008

HAULN-SS Wrote:
Evan Wrote:if I lived where you lived derek, Id get $85 a day!

yeah, i'm still waiting to find out where you work, haha. Would I have to take an equivalent salary reduction to get that deal? Big Grin
nope.
lunches are expensed too Big Grin
(now you know why I didnt bitch too hard when I didnt get a raise this year)
although its a different kind of gig for most of the consultants, Ive got one of the only long term govt contracts. Everyone else is in a different city every week.


- HAULN-SS - 04-22-2008

Hrmm. I may be coming to talk to you around march...I'm thinking about jumping ship.