The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage



Madison Motorsports
As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) (/showthread.php?tid=8998)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - acquacow - 08-11-2010

CaptainHenreh Wrote:
flintster55 Wrote:Yep it's behind the tmic on the passenger side. When you go to change the trans fluid, try and source some Subaru Extra-S fluid. Scotty and I both have had great success with it. For the rear diff any GL-5 fluid is fine I believe.

Just FYI though, the wagon fenders are different than the sedan fenders so be careful when you're shopping for that.

If i got a pair of sedan fenders, would that be OK?
Yes, the sedan fenders are fine, they just look like sedan fenders instead of the smoother, less-wide wagon fenders.

-- Dave


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - ScottyB - 08-11-2010

6 grand? not bad at all! geez i was thinking you wouldn't do that well. hope it works out well for you! i love that color and wagons are awesome.

yep, get Extra-S. they usually only sell it in 50 gal. drums, but there's someone online that does quarts. I'll have to look that up. don't worry about the 1st gear shifting, i can't shift into 1st until I'm nearly stopped as well. seems normal from what others have said too.


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - ScottyB - 08-11-2010

acquacow Wrote:Yes, the sedan fenders are fine, they just look like sedan fenders instead of the smoother, less-wide wagon fenders.

-- Dave

what he said. you'll have blister fender looking fronts and smooth backs. might work perfectly down the line if you upgrade to sedan lower control arms (more camber) and end up increasing the front track.


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - WRXtranceformed - 08-11-2010

Not shifting into 1st is fine, that is normal for those cars. That's cool man! I love bugeyes. I'm hoping so so so much you don't run into something you weren't expecting, but for that price you've got a little extra money left over for repairs if need be.

Any plans for mods yet? Honestly if I could do it all over again, I would just do exhaust, a slightly larger turbo and meth injection to keep it running safe and clean.


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - CaptainHenreh - 08-11-2010

WRXtranceformed Wrote:Any plans for mods yet? Honestly if I could do it all over again, I would just do exhaust, a slightly larger turbo and meth injection to keep it running safe and clean.

Down the road:
4 Pot brakes
250 reliable whp.
A reasonable suspension.
The End.

edit: and maybe HID foglights.


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - Goodspeed - 08-11-2010

Very nice Rex!

I <3 boxer whargarrbl


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - ScottyB - 08-11-2010

now that i think about it, between you and Julie have you ever had a 1 make household? you've always had a ton of different cars going on.


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - JustinG - 08-11-2010

should have gotten an XJ


As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - Jake - 08-11-2010

Congrats dood! I dig the red. When does the Speed3 go away?

I concur with the others on the 1st gear thing. I drove david's 02 and it was the same (not a big) deal.

And plus Juan on loving the boxer wharrgabl.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - CaptainHenreh - 08-11-2010

Jake Wrote:Congrats dood! I dig the red. When does the Speed3 go away?

Speed3 is gone, man.


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - Apoc - 08-11-2010

Update your signature then, spanky!


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - CaptainHenreh - 08-11-2010

Apoc Wrote:Update your signature then, spanky!
:finger:


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - Apoc - 08-11-2010

Your stable only has one horse. I think that makes it more like a shed. Tongue


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - CaptainHenreh - 08-12-2010

It Begins.


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - Evan - 08-12-2010

CaptainHenreh Wrote:
Evan Wrote:listen for wheel bearing crunch/grind/whine

make sure to ask gerald for tips on how to test drive one.....

Anything else from OG Bugeye Mr. Spoiler himself?

nope. mine was outrageously reliable. had the front left wheel bearing go right before I sold it. (front left, gee I wonder why....)
that was it. 35k of pure abuse and that was the only problem.


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - ScottyB - 08-12-2010

how many track days did you put on that thing Evan?

i'm itching to track mine, just want to prep it a bit more.


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - .RJ - 08-12-2010

ScottyB Wrote:i'm itching to track mine, just want to prep it a bit more.

Its clearly deficient from teh boost. fix that first :mrgreen:


Re: As the garage door turns... (FIREMISSION) - G.Irish - 08-13-2010

Evan Wrote:listen for wheel bearing crunch/grind/whine

make sure to ask gerald for tips on how to test drive one.....

Motherfucker. I knew I should've kept up with this thread as soon as WRX's were mentioned.

Then again, maybe I should just change my title to OG Subaru Smasher since I was the first.