The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage



Madison Motorsports
Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error (/showthread.php?tid=8515)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - KPWSerpiente - 01-28-2010

The Hydra ECU used to hold WOT on me in the STi once in a while...this is a lot of acceleration. I would cut the car off instantly. I realize it is a little harder with a pushbutton car but there is no excuse. If you got time to make phone calls as your Camry slowly climbs in speed..why is the car still on? I hate DBW setups.

-T


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - fiveoh2go - 02-05-2010

O how the mighty have fallen...

meanwhile in related news....

Ford's January sales jump 25%























[Image: 450px-The_Thinker_close.jpg]


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Goodspeed - 02-05-2010

fiveoh2go Wrote:O how the mighty have fallen...

meanwhile in related news....

Ford's January sales jump 25%


Ford issues recall for Fusion/Milan Hybrid brake pedals

:wink:


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - fiveoh2go - 02-05-2010

Fed. induced recall > TSB

Every vehicle on the road has TSB's out for it. Nothing new there, and as long as Ford stock keeps increasing (along with recovering market share that was lost to the Japanese in the 90's) I'm happy. Mulally for Prez!


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Goodspeed - 02-05-2010

fiveoh2go Wrote:Nothing new there, and as long as Ford stock keeps increasing (along with recovering market share that was lost to the Japanese in the 90's) I'm happy. Mulally for Prez!

[Image: 1263694081656.jpg]


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - D_Eclipse9916 - 02-05-2010

^^ WTF lol. But really, GMs and Ford's new products blow away anything from Toyota and Honda in my opinion right now. Solid GM and Ford Choices: Fiesta, Focus, Mustang, F150, Camaro, Corvette, G8 (before it died), Sierra, Tahoe..... Both ford and gm really stepped it up.

I love the Tundra, but if youve driven one you realize how OMG shitty the ride is compared to a new sierra. I was shocked, big thumbs up to the domestic trucks, they really DO know how to make a truck.


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Mike - 02-05-2010

I have no idea what that picture is, but I love it.

I'd have to agree, Ford and GM are doing really good things compared to the Japanese "Big Two." Nissan and Mazda are still doing things right IMO... I was actually sitting behind a Malibu today and said "Hrm, I remember one of those being my rental car... It was a good car, ad it looks pretty good. Maybe I'll buy one?" Yes, a fucking Malibu. No, I won't actually buy one. [/stream of consciousness]


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Apoc - 02-05-2010

I have to admit that I said I liked to look of the Taurus at the auto show, then I sat in it. Nothing by Toyota or Honda garnered a second look so I guess that's a half point in the Ford column?


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Goodspeed - 02-05-2010

Is no one else finding it interesting that the feds, owner of Government Motors are stepping in and going after Toyota?

[Image: tinfoil-hat1.jpg]


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - fiveoh2go - 02-05-2010

Goodspeed Wrote:Is no one else finding it interesting that the feds, owner of Government Motors are stepping in and going after Toyota?
No, not really.



If anything I find it interesting that the feds, the geniuses that came up with the notorious Cash for Clunkers bill (a program meant to stimulate the US economy and help domestic automakers), ended up helping Toyota out the most (they had two of the top three replacement cars).


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Apoc - 02-05-2010

fiveoh2go Wrote:If anything I find it interesting that the feds, the geniuses that came up with the notorious Cash for Clunkers bill (a program meant to stimulate the US economy and help domestic automakers), ended up helping Toyota out the most (they had two of the top three replacement cars).

Toyota employs 35,000 Americans...


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - fiveoh2go - 02-05-2010

Apoc Wrote:
fiveoh2go Wrote:If anything I find it interesting that the feds, the geniuses that came up with the notorious Cash for Clunkers bill (a program meant to stimulate the US economy and help domestic automakers), ended up helping Toyota out the most (they had two of the top three replacement cars).

Toyota employs 35,000 Americans...
...and at the same time Ford alone employs more than 87,000 Americans. So what?


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Apoc - 02-05-2010

fiveoh2go Wrote:...and at the same time Ford alone employs more than 87,000 Americans. So what?

Bitching that the Feds aren't helping the economy when Toyota benefits is a stupid argument because they employ thousands of Americans who spend money in it. Need a diagram or something?


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - fiveoh2go - 02-05-2010

Apoc Wrote:
fiveoh2go Wrote:...and at the same time Ford alone employs more than 87,000 Americans. So what?

Bitching that the Feds aren't helping the economy when Toyota benefits is a stupid argument because they employ thousands of Americans who spend money in it. Need a diagram or something?

I never said the feds weren't helping the economy when Toyota benefits, but I'll ask you who has more buying power, 35,000 or 87,000?


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Apoc - 02-05-2010

fiveoh2go Wrote:I'll ask you who has more buying power, 35,000 or 87,000?

Since they're fighting over the same slice of the pie, they'd be equal. :wink:


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - WRXtranceformed - 02-09-2010

Quote:Originally Posted by AutoBlog
Will it ever stop? Yo, we don't know. And yes, we're quoting Vanilla Ice because... well, at this point in the never ending Toyota tale of woe, why not? Anyhow, there have been 83 complaints about the power steering systems in 2009 and 2010 Toyota Corollas, most of which are claiming that the car will veer to the right or left at speeds over 40 mph. Coincidently, the Corolla is one of the eight Toyota models affected by the production and sales stoppage. The alleged problems have purportedly caused 10 accidents and six injuries. Here's the gist:

Complainants have compared the movement to being buffeted by strong winds, sliding on black ice, or hydroplaning. They said that after trying to straighten the car, it can overcorrect -- requiring the driver to use a tight, persistent, two-handed grip on the wheel to travel in a straight line.

Of course, you should always have a tight, persistent, two-handed grip on the wheel. That's known as driving. Not that people aren't actually experiencing problems with late model Corollas, but this kinda reminds us of the Seattle Windshield Pitting Epidemic.

If you don't know, in the 1950s Seattleites began complaining en masse about pits (or holes) appearing in their windshields. Everything from hoodlums with BB guns to sand flea eggs to a million watt radio antenna to atomic testing were thought to be maybe causing the pitting. Also, shifts in the earth's magnetic field and even gremlins (the fictional creatures, not the AMC product) were blamed.

Finally, after a full investigation Seattle Police Sergeant Max Allison announced that the windshield pitting was, "5 per cent hoodlum-ism, and 95 per cent public hysteria." This happened on April 15, 1954. All reports of windshield pitting stopped on April 17. Is this related to reports about the Corolla's power steering ills? More closely than we might think, we think.

UPDATE: There might be a little fire under all this smoke. Our friends at AOL Autos have also been reporting on this breaking story, and have discovered this:
"notice the steeering wheel sometimes pulses only when my cell phone is...docked to the right of the steering wheel," wrote one Corolla driver in an official complaint on June 26, 2009. "It's strange I can sometimes tell if my Blackberry is going to ring or get an email. The steering wheel seems to shake or try to steer on its own. This is similar to my other 2009 Toyota Corolla that I resold to the dealer. I wonder if more shielding is needed to reduce any interference."
If that's the case, we take back what we said about Seattle.



Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Evan - 02-09-2010

electronic shielding on power steering? :lol: :lol:

autoblog says dumb shit on a regular basis, but are they really that clueless about the machines that they try to be experts on?


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Steve85 - 02-10-2010

Evan Wrote:electronic shielding on power steering? :lol: :lol:

autoblog says dumb shit on a regular basis, but are they really that clueless about the machines that they try to be experts on?

Why so funny? I don't know the details, not an EE, but electronic devices always seem to be subject to possible interference. We had a guy that lost radio intermittently and several months of back and forth later found it was caused by an improperly grounded ladder rack so every time he was within a certain distance of power lines...no radio. Recently, a friend of mine with Accel DFI had their engineers spend two days on his car only to find that RFI was causing it to send an extremely rich mixture. At work, if you put your BB too close to Cisco VOIP phones it makes a terrible noise. Seems plausible anyway...


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - Apoc - 02-10-2010

It's the iPhone iNterference... I know it.


Re: Toyota plans 3.8 million vehicle recal due to driver error - .RJ - 02-10-2010

Jesusphone is in ur electronics, driving ur car

[Image: driving_cat.jpg]