| The following warnings occurred: | |||||||||||||||
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
|
![]() |
|
WTB: Car that shall not be named - Printable Version +- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org) +-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3) +--- Forum: For Sale/Trade, WTB (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=9) +--- Thread: WTB: Car that shall not be named (/showthread.php?tid=8230) |
- navin - 06-05-2009 I've zinged the civic's motor to ~10k I think - it was at the Mercedes club event we went to a long time back... If only the tach' didnt black out at 8k then I could have seen where it really landed. - Evan - 06-05-2009 CaptainHenreh Wrote:I just can't see relegating myself to a Miata for daily use. Especially as a college student.Ive spent $200 at the grocery store and fit it all in a miata....with a passenger. Youre not going to make too many trips to Home Depot but for everyday stuff its more than enough. If you regularly drive around with your entire car completely filled up with crap, then thats an organizational problem, not a car problem. hell, who needs to drive much in college to begin with? Parking sucks on campus and biking is faster anyway. - Maengelito - 06-05-2009 D_Eclipse9916 Wrote:Edit: oh and yeah...I agree with you that its not a good idea to HPDE a daily driver. No matter what it is, I had 2 problems with my car on track, a broken valve cover (shops fault) and blowing up my motor (10,000rpms). Either of which will happen on any vehicle no matter if its the most reliable car in the world. Lets see what your valves do at 10,000rpm on a miata. It "might" have been fine if I didnt have aftermarket cams with stock valvetrain, but the car still wouldnt have liked it. meh, its probably a good idea to have a 2nd car but that didn't stop very many of us. and I went from 5 to 2 instead of 5 to 4 before south bend last year and zinged the motor pretty good. Granted I caught it and didnt fully drop the clutch but still went well into the red on the tach. The motor is still fine and I try to drive it as much as I can when the weather is nice. - Nis01 - 06-05-2009 No problem fitting most everything you need for trips in a miata. I did have to be a bit resourceful by using the rollbar as a cooler rack for the latest trip down to the beach. :lol: I think that 10AE is the same one I linked just posted on a different site, its in Roanoke and if you could talk the price down... not a bad pickup. There was a local 10AE going for 6k with similar mileage, just without the rollbar. - D_Eclipse9916 - 06-06-2009 Maengelito Wrote:D_Eclipse9916 Wrote:Edit: oh and yeah...I agree with you that its not a good idea to HPDE a daily driver. No matter what it is, I had 2 problems with my car on track, a broken valve cover (shops fault) and blowing up my motor (10,000rpms). Either of which will happen on any vehicle no matter if its the most reliable car in the world. Lets see what your valves do at 10,000rpm on a miata. It "might" have been fine if I didnt have aftermarket cams with stock valvetrain, but the car still wouldnt have liked it. I was making a point to be careful, although most of us dont take wind to our own cautions AKA me. Now I dont need stories of your cars surviving those, my situation was a bit different, I was using No-Lift-To-Shift and hi-lift cams that are on the outer boundary of what stock valvetrain is made for. Stock Miatas and civics can probably get away with it every now and then, but somtimes not. I was just making a point. This may make for another justification NOT to modify a car, its way less forgiving. Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - DLingenfelter - 06-09-2009 Goodspeed Wrote:Absolutely no red! So you're looking for a slow one? Everyone knows only the red ones are fast! :wink: But in all seriousness NB's are a good choice for a confortable daily, my dad has one and it has virtually no rattles. As for how practical a Miata is I drive mine every day to school, work, grocery shopping with the wife, autocrossing, etc. Anyone who can't drive a Miata in the winter or any rwd car is a pussy, seriously I've had that car in snow that was scuffing the floorboards and in VA that's about as deep as it gets anymore, you just need snow tires. Mileage isn't too much of a big deal if owners kept up on past maintainance, my brother just picked up a 91 with 233k and it runs fine, but make sure the timing belt has been changed. Also if the car comes with mods, any shocks that aren't Koni's pretty much suck (especially KYB, I have those...ughh) Ground Control coilovers are always 10x better than most of the springs out there too (high spring rates work for miatas, Flyin Miata springs are also good). Stock up on some replacement calipers if you're going the HPDE route, if anything's going to go it'll be them (not my experiance but that of a friend) and shift easy and intelligently, no prize for being fastest in HPDE anyways Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - Ryan T - 06-09-2009 DLingenfelter Wrote:no prize for being fastest in HPDE anyways [cheezy quote]Goodspeed isn't in it for the money, he's in it for the respect. To some that is more important.[/cheezy quote] Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - Kaan - 06-10-2009 DLingenfelter Wrote:no prize for being fastest in HPDE anyways dear person i dont know... MM always wins at HPDE... just ask mikey! Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - D_Eclipse9916 - 06-22-2009 Kaan Wrote:DLingenfelter Wrote:no prize for being fastest in HPDE anyways cough...cough cough...cough cough...<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ctd/1233564131.html">http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ ... 64131.html</a><!-- m --> Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - Mike - 06-22-2009 Kaan Wrote:DLingenfelter Wrote:no prize for being fastest in HPDE anyways that was rj. nobody [in their right mind] tries to win with 140hp. Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - ViPER1313 - 06-22-2009 D_Eclipse9916 Wrote:Kaan Wrote:DLingenfelter Wrote:no prize for being fastest in HPDE anyways Shiny macco paint and lower miles > frame damage???? That thing was smacked hard in the front. Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - fiveoh2go - 06-22-2009 D_Eclipse9916 Wrote:Kaan Wrote:DLingenfelter Wrote:no prize for being fastest in HPDE anyways RUN AWAY FROM THIS! Look at the hood to fender gaps. Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - D_Eclipse9916 - 06-22-2009 hahah damn, I didnt even look at the pictures...me=fail Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - Nis01 - 07-02-2009 http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1250348149.html Has Bose, power features, and looks like a windblocker so it 'might' be a PEP car and have a Torsen LSD, probably would have to run VIN to find out for sure. Pretty good price if the car is in decent shape. Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - Steve85 - 07-15-2009 There is a dark green 2000 for sale at Tri-State Nissan in Winchester. Looks good from the road, might be worth a call. Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - Nis01 - 07-20-2009 2000 with reasonable miles and a few extras. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1278943511.html Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - Jake - 07-20-2009 Nis01 Wrote:2000 with reasonable miles and a few extras. Goodspeed... this could be a clean example. I'd ask for more (and larger) pictures. Good price for the miles, but I'd ask about TB/WP as they are probably due (if not changed already). Also, check condition of the top. That's a $500+ expense if it's in bad shape. The miles wouldn't indicate the top shape, it's the physical age and how it was cared for. Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - Goodspeed - 07-20-2009 Already sent an email to that guy just for fun. I've asked for better pics...car is clean title but was involved in a sandwich-style front and rear collison at a stop light, hence the low asking price. Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - fiveoh2go - 07-21-2009 Goodspeed Wrote:Already sent an email to that guy just for fun. I've asked for better pics...car is clean title but was involved in a sandwich-style front and rear collison at a stop light, hence the low asking price. I hesitate to say this because I hate it when I'm selling something, but you need to low ball the shit out of this dude. Use the cars accident history as leverage and steal it if you're serious about buying. You'll have more cash for mods or just put it back in your pocket. Do unto others as others have done unto you. Re: WTB: Car that shall not be named - fiveoh2go - 07-24-2009 Any serious bites on the Supra? |