The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage



Madison Motorsports
Thats it...F#ck Harrisonburg - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Thats it...F#ck Harrisonburg (/showthread.php?tid=7792)

Pages: 1 2 3


- D_Eclipse9916 - 11-12-2008

Thats what I loved about JMU freshman year, thats how you met people.


- HAULN-SS - 11-12-2008

freshman year? shit, every year!


- mrbaggio - 11-12-2008

HAULN-SS Wrote:freshman year? shit, every year!

Loser


- HAULN-SS - 11-12-2008

[Image: yourmom.gif]


- flintster55 - 11-12-2008

HAULN-SS Wrote:[Image: yourmom.gif]

I like that. You should have one that says "yo couch" too :lol:


- Hunter - 11-13-2008

.RJ Wrote:
Jake Wrote:I'm talking like, freshmen who have no idea of anything going on, so they get on a bus and just walk around

Yeah thats what we did :lol:

Me too! I meet a lot of really cool people that way too.

At first I was kind of shocked reading all these stories, but then I remembered a fair amount of crime when I lived there too. Some friends of mine who lived on Old South High had their house broken into and we're all held at gun point because they heard (incorrectly) that one of the roommates was a drug dealer. And another one of my neighbors on old south high was robbed in front of his house. These incidents were probably 4-5 years ago so it's nothing new.

Surprisingly, the things that disappoints me most is the lack of hospitality. The fact that all parties were so welcoming was something that I really loved about JMU. I blame facebook for this. Well, facebook and the liberals. Stupid hippies.


- HAULN-SS - 11-13-2008

I havent been back since, but i suspect i'd miss some of the hospitality too. More than once I'd be walking back to P-run pretty tore up, and have someone pull up and ask if i wanted a ride. That was awesome. My g/f at the time was with me one time, and she couldnt believe someone would be so nice.


- WRXtranceformed - 11-13-2008

i had that happen too ^^ There's some Christian coalition that drives around giving drunk people who are walking rides home. I think I took them up on it once, I can't remember. I believe they attempted to Bible-bang me while I was riding but to their dismay I have already been saved. Hahaha


- Feersty - 11-15-2008

It sucks that Marty's Free Ride had to start charging for giving people rides. That dude was awesome, he would give free rides to students. He has a nice yellow conversion van.


- Goodspeed - 11-15-2008

Update on the shooting:

Quote:The Harrisonburg Police Department has provided the following updated information in relation to the off-campus shooting that occurred in the 1300 Block of Bradley Drive in the Hunters Ridge Apartments area of Harrisonburg on Sunday morning November 9th, 2008 at approximately 3:00 AM.
The 19-year-old victim Reginald "Shay" Nicholson remains in critical condition at the University of Virginia Medical Center.
On Friday, November 14, 2008 ...
Zackery Turner, Age 18, of Charlottesville, VA was arrested for the shooting and has been charged with aggravated malicious wounding, use or display of a firearm in the commission of a felony, reckless handling of a firearm and discharge of a firearm in or around a school.

On Thursday, November 13, 2008...
Gregory Baker, Age 20, Jahmaine Faqiri Age 18, and Demonds Parrish, Age 19, all of Ruckersville, VA were arrested on other charges in reference to this incident.

Police say a fifth arrest is pending in this case.

Neither the victim nor the suspects in this incident are students of James Madison University.

Interesting that "attempted murder" was left off the list. The suspect apparently chased the victim down and shot him in the face; the bullet is lodged in his sinus cavity. Overall I'm very happy to hear JMU students weren't involved, but the fact it happened at a student party in a majority-student neighborhood is still troubling.


- Maengelito - 11-15-2008

Goodspeed Wrote:Overall I'm very happy to hear JMU students weren't involved

nope,just cville's finest


- Sijray21 - 11-17-2008

BLAIR Wrote:
Feersty Wrote:Wow, that is bad, people going back and liking it less and less. I want my fiancee to eventually experience a weekend at JMU. Blair you didn't mention your sister, with her Si, and the vandalism with that.

that doesnt count. it was a civic si, stuff just get stolen and before to long the car disapears, has nothing to do with JMU

i can attest to this - location doesn't matter

that is truly sad to hear about this happening, but alas - i'm not surprised. i noticed a short decline from the first year to my last and a couple years.