| The following warnings occurred: | |||||||||||||||
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
|
![]() |
|
Any reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger on this? - Printable Version +- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org) +-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3) +--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6) +--- Thread: Any reason why I shouldn't pull the trigger on this? (/showthread.php?tid=5020) |
- mpg9999 - 11-08-2006 BLAIR Wrote:as far as i knew the V1 was totally undetectable. I have never had an issue in the 5 or 6 years i have had it and I use it daily. I have even had police officers say to get the V1 cause they cant detect it. If you read through this thread you will see that it is detectable. - WRXtranceformed - 11-08-2006 The one real downside that I'm grappling with right now with the STi is that it does not have the capability to be upgraded... which is either a huge oversight or a huge ploy to make it obsolete in a few years. The STi has basically equivalent performance all around to the V1, with the exception of the arrow system. It also comes with the remote concealable display and the same basic frills as the V1. The STi does not currently offer protection from Ku band radar, which is popular over in Europe and will probably make its way over here soon if it hasn't already. The V1 does offer protection through its newest upgrade. So it's a toss up basically between a detector that is completely invisible (which is important to me) but could become obsolete in a year, or between a detector that is partly invisible and, from what you guys are saying, doesn't get detected with daily use which is upgradeable, avoiding the need to buy a whole new one. - Apoc - 11-08-2006 That's a no-brainer IMO. FWIW, I love the arrow system, especially when there's more than one signal. - WRXtranceformed - 11-08-2006 I think I'm going to give the V1 a try because I really like the idea of upgradeability. It's going to have to be put on hold for a little though, I just got all of my personal property tax bills in the mail.... yikes! =P I'm still paying taxes on vehicles I don't owe anymore =/ - xvxax - 11-08-2006 My V1 had LIDAR protection and it was not very useful. I actually messed around with it when VA state cops were sitting on 495 one night. I tried driving back and forth a few times to see if different placements of the detector, sensitivity etc would effect it and nothing really worked to my liking. Lidar uses a straight beam and shoots with a very direct pattern. I think the Lidar light up like once or twice in the 3 months I owned it. Also, if you conceal the unit it will NOT pick up lidar. I'm still going to suggest looking into a Lidatek or Passport laser system if you live in Virginia. The sensors for them are hidden in the front grill and next to the 3rd brake light and are pretty much undetectable. Heck, give the v1 a shot. They sell for nearly retail value on ebay anyway for a current version, so it's not like you'll be losing big time on it. It would be a good addition to a lidatek if you decide to go that route. -Peter - WRXtranceformed - 11-08-2006 The detector will be mounted on my visor. The higher you mount, the better... even the president of V1 says so ^_^ I'll keep the concealed display probably down near the steering column or under my stereo. Eventually, when the next sports car comes along, I'll be using the V1 along with a laser jammer mounted in the front grille and at the rear license plate. I don't want to go through all that trouble with this car though. - BLAIR - 11-08-2006 WRXtranceformed Wrote:The detector will be mounted on my visor. The higher you mount, the better... even the president of V1 says so ^_^ I'll keep the concealed display probably down near the steering column or under my stereo. youll be happy with it
|