The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage



Madison Motorsports
Tools MM Members Should Own - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Tools MM Members Should Own (/showthread.php?tid=8319)

Pages: 1 2


Re: Tools MM Members Should Own - Evan - 07-20-2009

ScottyB Wrote:- "headlight" miner-style LED camping light that goes on a headband. i HATE not having enough light and somehow always find myself working on the car early in the morning or late in the day.
[Image: LED_Head_Light.jpg]
+ a million

I use mine all the time. SO nice to have hands free light exactly where you are looking
(althouigh I used to have that exact model of cheap chinese LED headlight and it was a flaming pile of shit. get one from REI or any outdoor store)


Re: Tools MM Members Should Own - Mike - 07-20-2009

my list of must-have tools:

aluminum jack
cordless dremel
cordless impact gun
cordless drill
led headlight
magnetic retriever
breaker bar
swivel-head ratcheting wrenches
a 2nd cheap jack
small sledge
metric sockets
a big mounted vice

f the following (had to bring some hate... yes, i own these things, but never use them or refuse to use them):

multimeter - only useful for my arcade. old hondas don't have electrical problems.
jackstands - joking
punch set - never use it
torque wrench - too expensive, mine never last
first aid kit - i'm injured when i need to go to the hospital, pansies.


Re: Tools MM Members Should Own - Ryan T - 07-20-2009

Couple things I thought up that I use all the time. Mind you I do a lot more home improvement/home fixing these days than I do car work, but still handy things to have around.

Gorilla Glue (or any other high strength super glue)
level
skill-saw
cordless drill
jig-saw
breaker bars
cordless impact
sawzall
leatherman to keep on your person for small jobs. It has come in handy for me more than I would have ever thought.


Re: Tools MM Members Should Own - Mike - 07-21-2009

Ryan T Wrote:leatherman to keep on your person for small jobs.

omg, yes. i've kept a leatherman wave on me for the past four years. never used it on the car, but use it just about every day.

i've even [accidentally] boarded two [separate instances of getting through security] planes with it! dem knives is sharp too!