The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage



Madison Motorsports
OMFG Big Bang R1! - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Motorcycles (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: OMFG Big Bang R1! (/showthread.php?tid=7631)

Pages: 1 2


- CaptainHenreh - 09-09-2008

BLINGMW Wrote:I'll admit, I didn't read completely the 5 links Ryan posted, but is this the kind of thing that any of us would be able to detect? I just can't imagine the firing order makes a damn bit of difference to anyone but a professional MotoGP type guy. I'm sure it'll sound neat, but that's about it? :dunno:

FWIW, since mine is a twin, it's like, WAY ahead of its time. :lol: I always knew it.

The yamaha R1 microsite does a pretty good job of explaining what they're trying to do:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/msite/micro_v1.aspx">http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/msite/micro_v1.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Enter the site, and then select the crossplane crank video. It was really interesting.


- PDenbigh - 09-09-2008

Good video, thanks for that link. I've been out of the sportbike world for a bit, but it seems like the new R1 made a big leap forward in terms of technology and performance. Do Honda/Suzuki have an answer for it or is it the answer for something already out?


- .RJ - 09-09-2008

PDenbigh Wrote:Do Honda/Suzuki have an answer for it

The new Honda CBR 1000 was a pretty big step forward in handling, size and weight but no big developments with the engine - certainly nothing like this.

Sort of on topic - I think fractured con rods are such a cool idea.


- CaptainHenreh - 09-09-2008

And also, I mean this pretty much directly came out of Yamaha's MotoGP effort at making an inline 4 competitive in the V4 world. Honda/Suzuki both use V4's in motoGP, and Kawasaki has held onto their maximum horsepower "screamer" motor.

I believe direct injection will be the next big thing for bikes. Once they can get a set of injectors and a controller that can work with the kinds of RPM's bikes see, I think the benefits of direct injection are too great to ignore.


- .RJ - 09-09-2008

CaptainHenreh Wrote:Kawasaki has held onto their maximum horsepower "screamer" motor.

They've got a big bang motor too - although they tested a screamer engine earlier this year.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjou0zRJZBE">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjou0zRJZBE</a><!-- m -->

Ducati is the only one using a 'screamer' although its a V4 - there were rumors tha Honda was switching too, but nothing has come of it.


- Mike - 09-09-2008

omfg i love v4.


- CaptainHenreh - 09-09-2008

Mike Wrote:omfg i love v4.

Mike, did Feersty haxxor your account?


- Apoc - 09-09-2008

Sure sounds like an F1 car to me.

Anyone have a clip that isn't that video?


- Mike - 09-09-2008

CaptainHenreh Wrote:
Mike Wrote:omfg i love v4.

Mike, did Feersty haxxor your account?

you love it too.


- CaptainHenreh - 09-09-2008

Mike Wrote:
CaptainHenreh Wrote:
Mike Wrote:omfg i love v4.

Mike, did Feersty haxxor your account?

you love it too.

Sure, but I've had more to say than just that.


- Kaan - 09-10-2008

i think i might sell my soul to get this bike. i have this urge for a liter bike... and a new bike in general.


- .RJ - 09-10-2008

Kaan Wrote:i have this urge for a liter bike... and a new bike in general.

A new bike in the motorcycle junkyard? Unpossible.


- Kaan - 09-10-2008

i'm having a chronic clutch issue with the FZR... and i'd just like to have something i can fire up and ride consistantly and stop having to spin wrenches on shit all the time.


- G.Irish - 09-14-2008

Kaan Wrote:i think i might sell my soul to get this bike. i have this urge for a liter bike... and a new bike in general.

Dude, you need to buy this bike. They had some pre-production models at the track this weekend.

In person it looks a lot better, especially the pipes. It doesn't look as awkward and out of balance as I thought it would. I also didn't notice in the pictures but the air intakes are actually in the headlight openings. Pretty cool idea.

One of the Yamaha guys started it up revved it for the crowd. It sounds pretty badass. Not as throaty as a twin or something but it's got that smooth bassy tone like the M1 does (a lot less decibels of course).

Seriously Kaan, buy this bike.


- .RJ - 09-14-2008

G.Irish Wrote:Seriously Kaan, buy this bike.

[Image: khan.jpg]


- CaptainHenreh - 09-14-2008

Sounds like kaan should start saving his nickels and pennies...and start CL'ing his FZR


- V1GiLaNtE - 09-25-2008

OMG this bike is going to be sweet, so much power from that engine. But I'm not sure if I'm diggin the Robot Eye headlights....