The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage



Madison Motorsports
Learn me on the PS2... - Printable Version

+- Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org)
+-- Forum: Madison Motorsports (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lounge (https://forum.mmsports.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Learn me on the PS2... (/showthread.php?tid=1941)

Pages: 1 2


- Myuki - 03-28-2005

JohnC Wrote:
Myuki Wrote:you could also do mod chips, which bypass the regional encoder and validation reader, and step that up to a hard drive in the expansion bay. The hard drive will hold the games themselves, thus reducing the need for discs. Also, the boot program used to load the games off the hard drives, can install games onto the hard drive. So your friends copy of a game can be on your hard drive, and voila, two copies.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think the slimline could hold a harddrive (internally at least).
the slim line can't inside, I've heard of a way to external HD it.

MIke C: yea, I realize the whole void issue, but, the way the slimline's open up, you can keep the warranty tape on and use it as a hinge. I've opened up 4 different types of ps2s, including the slimline, and the slimline is probably the easiest and safest warranty wise to do. I'm not saying he should definately do this. I'm just throwing out options.


- Dragon - 03-29-2005

Myuki Wrote:you could also do mod chips, which bypass the regional encoder and validation reader, and step that up to a hard drive in the expansion bay. The hard drive will hold the games themselves, thus reducing the need for discs. Also, the boot program used to load the games off the hard drives, can install games onto the hard drive. So your friends copy of a game can be on your hard drive, and voila, two copies.

Don't need a mod chip to do this, just use HDLoader, but as we all know John got the slimline and the HD doesn't work with it.


- Myuki - 03-29-2005

Dragon Wrote:
Myuki Wrote:you could also do mod chips, which bypass the regional encoder and validation reader, and step that up to a hard drive in the expansion bay. The hard drive will hold the games themselves, thus reducing the need for discs. Also, the boot program used to load the games off the hard drives, can install games onto the hard drive. So your friends copy of a game can be on your hard drive, and voila, two copies.

Don't need a mod chip to do this, just use HDLoader, but as we all know John got the slimline and the HD doesn't work with it.
yea, you don't need one, but having the chip can let you read all the other games that aren't US, so therefore making the HDloader that more valuable.


- Dragon - 03-29-2005

Quite true. I haven't done much research on chips for PS2, my original Playstation was chipped as is my XBOX, but I kept my PS2 in it's original form. Haven't even gotten the HDLoader even though I have the HD.


- Myuki - 03-29-2005

i can do it for you. THe HD program for all I know, can only be gotten from other people now. just how it goes.


- Evan - 03-29-2005

so I can get the hard drive, this HDloader program, then play downloaded games off the hard drive?


- JohnC - 03-29-2005

Plunked down my $14.99 for a vertical stand. Was actually fairly impressed with the heft of the base, and now the PS2 only takes up a few inches next to the TV... Solid.


- Myuki - 03-29-2005

Evan Wrote:so I can get the hard drive, this HDloader program, then play downloaded games off the hard drive?
yes


- Dragon - 03-29-2005

Myuki Wrote:i can do it for you. THe HD program for all I know, can only be gotten from other people now. just how it goes.
Have no real desire to do it to my PS2.